Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Johnson being offered in trade talks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
    stop making so many threads, asshat...
    Oh shut up, this isn't a bad thread except it's a repost, which the original post has a bad title and should be in this section.

Comment

Give the guy a ******* contract already... You don't trade your best player for draft picks.. especially one as talented as LJ...

Herm Edwards = Death to an organization..

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
        Give the guy a ******* contract already... You don't trade your best player for draft picks.. especially one as talented as LJ...

Herm Edwards = Death to an organization..
        They'd need to trade Green or renegotiate his large deal for them to get anything done.

Comment

I find a trade highly unlikely, but hardly unfeasible. After all, we're used to looking at Johnson as the face of the Chiefs organization....but who's to say how they feel about him behind closed doors?

LJ's contract is up next year. From what little know about Johnson personally, I expect he's anticipating a huge payday....probably the richest RB contract ever.

If this is the case and the Chiefs don't feel that he's worth a $50M contract, then they very well might try to deal him in a blockbuster trade this year; otherwise, he's walking next year for nothing more than a comp pick in '09.

(Of course, they can and probably will tag him next year if a deal isn't reached....but then they have to spend a year hearing about how he's being unappreciated and disrespected.)

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
            I find a trade highly unlikely, but hardly unfeasible. After all, we're used to looking at Johnson as the face of the Chiefs organization....but who's to say how they feel about him behind closed doors?

LJ's contract is up next year. From what little know about Johnson personally, I expect he's anticipating a huge payday....probably the richest RB contract ever.

If this is the case and the Chiefs don't feel that he's worth a $50M contract, then they very well might try to deal him in a blockbuster trade this year; otherwise, he's walking next year for nothing more than a comp pick in '09.

(Of course, they can and probably will tag him next year if a deal isn't reached....but then they have to spend a year hearing about how he's being unappreciated and disrespected.)
            But where would you anticipate him going?

Comment

Easy ... there are a few places where LJ would be welcomed with open arms.

I think the Cleveland is looking for a feature back regardless of them bringing in Jamal Lewis because frankly in my head they are going to select either Quinn or Russell with the 3rd pick in the draft and will theoretically be a couple late first day lineman and a RB away from a solid start to a good offense.

I could see Cleveland making a deal because Crennel needs to win NOW to save his job and might be willing to sell the farm for a proven runner like LJ.

Another possible scenario I see is the NYG. They recently lost a stud RB in Tiki Barber and to my knowledge haven't really replaced him and with LJ's fascination with Jay-Z and Roc a Fella and all that I could see him very appreciative of a trade the big apple because he spends most of his time there anyways when he's not playing football.

Those are two possible locations and if given time I could probably come up with more.

Out.

Comment

wow I hope this happens but I doubt it.If it did Oakland could sweep KC.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

LJ won't go anywhere, I also think he gets a bad rap for being a quiet, angry runner. He's not a problem, cancer or whatever and if KC wants to trade him, now is the time, especially if he wants big money in return.......
                  hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

KC is a very old team, it makes no sense to trade away there best player who is also young. Getting rid of Green cause he's old makes sense, but getting rid of your young star and keeping the old isn't a winning formula.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

If we got the right trade in the works I'd trade him. But I love LJ. He doesn't have much wear and tear and MBennett will do better getting bout 5-10 carries a game from LJ so LJ can hover around the 320-350 range carries wise so he can last longer than 2 more years.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                        wow I hope this happens but I doubt it.If it did Oakland could sweep KC.
                        Don't get your hopes up.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

He's too good. Won't happen.

Comment

KC could trade LJ, but they likely won't get equivalent present value for him. In terms of future monies and the risk that his career won't go much longer (not saying he won't be successful), they could end up pretty well in the future if they can get a significant package of picks. If someone offered KC a Hershel Walker or Ricky Williams type package of picks, KC would have to let him go.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Reportedly the Packers have made an offer for LJ, but it's premium content:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&...%2f638963.html

Packers make offer for Johnson

Larry Johnson By Todd Korth
                              packrepted@aol.com
                              Date: Apr 26, 2007

PackerReport.com has confirmed that the Green Bay Packers have made an offer with the Kansas City Chiefs to acquire Larry Johnson. What are the Packers dangling in front of the Chiefs for the Pro Bowl running back? Read it here first, premium members!

*As others have said, I don't see the Chiefs getting the draft compensation they will be looking for in return for LJ. Teams just don't offer those Herschel Walker type deals anymore, especially when they will have to break the bank to sign him to a long-term deal.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I think this magnifies the point that the Chiefs are in a semi-rebuilding mood. I don't buy them trading LJ, but if they DO... who's left behind him? Michael Bennett? Not to mention trying to trade Trent Green.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information