Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
    first rounder, no way.
    are you out of your mind? of course you could.

Comment

Yea you could. He's a young linebacker who is mountains above the skill level of any linebacker coming in.
      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Most teams outside of the top 10 drafting teams, would be very happy to give their 1st rounder for Briggs. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Briggs is a star now, a 1st round pick won't reach his full potential for 3 years if he isn't a flop. So they get a star for 2 years while the Bears would have to wait for the 1st rounder to develope if he does.
        Only a rebuilding team would trade Briggs unless he becomes a real team distraction, your creating a huge hole on your defense which is the strength of your team. a move like that can take you out of the playoffs for 2 years while the 1st rounder developes.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Yes b/c there's no player that plays LB in this draft that will be as good as him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            How is Briggs as a 3-4 ILB or 3-4 OLB?
            he said he doesnt like it..thats why Patriots arent all over this thread.

Comment

No, you'd be lucky for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                No, you'd be lucky for a second.
                :shock:

Really? I would've understood if you said we'd be lucky if we got a 1st but Briggs is without question worth a 2nd rounder, no doubt. He's an elite OLB in this league, and he's still young.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                  he said he doesnt like it..thats why Patriots arent all over this thread.
                  Damn, because I would love to trade our #39 pick for Briggs, that is, if he was a great fit in a 3-4.

Comment

If Deion Branch can lock up a low 1st round pick, Lance Briggs definitely could.

Comment

How high would the bears be able to move up with Briggs and their first? How about if either Thomas Jones or Ogunleye are put into the mix since it is possible we may be moving either of them.

Comment

Briggs is an all pro and just about to enter in his prime. Branch is not even a great wide out and the Pats got a 1st rounder for him. Briggs would bring back alot more than a low first.

Comment

Originally posted by DH4MVP23 View Post
                          Briggs is an all pro and just about to enter in his prime. Branch is not even a great wide out and the Pats got a 1st rounder for him. Briggs would bring back alot more than a low first.

This isn't Madden.

Comment

Talent wise, the Bears could ask for a first rounder in return, but the problem is that any team that trades for him still would have to sign him and have the cap space (which is not a big of an issue as it used to be) but they also would have to believe that they would not win a bidding war for him next year. Otherwise, why give up a first rounder, when they dont have to give up any assets a year from now.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              :shock:

Really? I would've understood if you said we'd be lucky if we got a 1st but Briggs is without question worth a 2nd rounder, no doubt. He's an elite OLB in this league, and he's still young.
                              The Puker fans just dislike him because of that pick 6 he pulled on Farve a couple years ago...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                The Puker fans just dislike him because of that pick 6 he pulled on Farve a couple years ago...
                                I posted this before, but it must have been deleted when we went back in time.

I didn't mean you'd be lucky for a second, but rather that is what I expect you would get for him. I know that's what I wrote, but not what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information