Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

There was a thread about this last week, but I couldn't find it. I think sweetness34 asked the question: if Lance Briggs is franchised tagged in the offseason, and traded, could the Bear get a 1st round pick out of it?

At first I said no, but now that I think into it more, why not? He is young, only 25 or 26, and if he stays healthy the rest of the season and everything goes as planned, he will surely be going to his second straight pro-bowl. The only problem is that he will be looking for a huge contract.

So, what are your thoughts?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Yes.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll take a first round pick any day of the week for Briggs. Please let it be some really bad team so we can get a high draft pick. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I think if Rivera gets a head coaching job somewhere he could convince that front office that Briggs is the kind of player he could build a future defense around playing either OLB or MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear
          I think if Rivera gets a head coaching job somewhere he could convince that front office that Briggs is the kind of player he could build a future defense around playing either OLB or MLB.
          that is true. I never thought of it that way before.

Comment

I say no, but the Rivera theory is an idea to toy w/.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I can see maybe Tampa investing in him. But I think that most teams will play it smart and wait for him to be UFA. Why give up something for him when you can just buy him a year later? I doubt a team pulls the trigger on him.

Comment

I've been saying forever no. I don't even think we'll franchise him at this point, although I hope we do.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

*crosses fingers* Please don't franchise him so Dolfins at least have a shot at getting him.

Comment

What was the John Abraham story last year, again? Was he franchised and wanted out, or how did it work? I forget how it went, but I do remember the Jets getting a 1st round pick for him.

Comment

Originally posted by miamichamp_305
                      *crosses fingers* Please don't franchise him so Dolfins at least have a shot at getting him.
                      How could that even work unless Zach Thomas plans on retiring? They have Channing Crowder already and Briggs won't play SLB (not to mention nobody spends big money on SLB).

Look, unless your team has a big need at MLB or WLB and you've got lots of money to spend (something similar to Peterson's 7 years 49 million deal) you aren't going to sign Briggs. There's a reason why Chicago is likely letting him go.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I can easily see Briggs playing for New Orleans next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Originally posted by miamichamp_305
                          How could that even work unless Zach Thomas plans on retiring? They have Channing Crowder already and Briggs won't play SLB (not to mention nobody spends big money on SLB).

Look, unless your team has a big need at MLB or WLB and you've got lots of money to spend (something similar to Peterson's 7 years 49 million deal) you aren't going to sign Briggs. There's a reason why Chicago is likely letting him go.
                          Yea we don't need him.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

possible trade partners for briggs...

Cardinals
                            Panthers
                            Texans
                            Saints

Comment

not from the hawks, but definately from most teams

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                              Originally posted by yodachu
                              Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information