Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Joe
    started a topic Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

Can Lance Briggs get a 1st round pick via trade?

There was a thread about this last week, but I couldn't find it. I think sweetness34 asked the question: if Lance Briggs is franchised tagged in the offseason, and traded, could the Bear get a 1st round pick out of it?

At first I said no, but now that I think into it more, why not? He is young, only 25 or 26, and if he stays healthy the rest of the season and everything goes as planned, he will surely be going to his second straight pro-bowl. The only problem is that he will be looking for a huge contract.

So, what are your thoughts?

• drmoyer421
    replied
    I have been saying this with Bills fans since free agency started. Most Bills fans think we are going to go after a LB this year with our first round pick.

Well Levy was the commentator with the Bears before he took over at GM and was one of the first to say that Briggs would be a star, before he was. Jauron has also spoke really highly about him and loved coaching him.

Briggs has also said he enjoyed playing for Jauron.

There has also been rumors saying that they are shopping Takeo Spikes here in Buffalo. I have a feeling that they may be putting themselves in contention to make a trade for him.

The Bills plan on moving Crowell into the MLB spot, so they have two OLB spots to fill if Spikes is gone. Any LB they will draft this year have only expectations of being Lance Briggs.. so why not just "draft" Briggs with your first?

Leave a comment:

• Komp
    replied
    Hmm...I'd love to see him in Silver and Black, but we are prolly set for the future at LB with Howard and Morrison and possibly Bing coming in this year.

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    I'm almost positive that you can't trade a franchise player.

Leave a comment:

• GB12
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    The Puker fans just dislike him because of that pick 6 he pulled on Farve a couple years ago...
    I posted this before, but it must have been deleted when we went back in time.

I didn't mean you'd be lucky for a second, but rather that is what I expect you would get for him. I know that's what I wrote, but not what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    :shock:

Really? I would've understood if you said we'd be lucky if we got a 1st but Briggs is without question worth a 2nd rounder, no doubt. He's an elite OLB in this league, and he's still young.
    The Puker fans just dislike him because of that pick 6 he pulled on Farve a couple years ago...

Leave a comment:

• KBear
    replied
    Talent wise, the Bears could ask for a first rounder in return, but the problem is that any team that trades for him still would have to sign him and have the cap space (which is not a big of an issue as it used to be) but they also would have to believe that they would not win a bidding war for him next year. Otherwise, why give up a first rounder, when they dont have to give up any assets a year from now.

Leave a comment:

• TNewFan41
    replied
    Originally posted by DH4MVP23 View Post
    Briggs is an all pro and just about to enter in his prime. Branch is not even a great wide out and the Pats got a 1st rounder for him. Briggs would bring back alot more than a low first.

This isn't Madden.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Briggs is an all pro and just about to enter in his prime. Branch is not even a great wide out and the Pats got a 1st rounder for him. Briggs would bring back alot more than a low first.

Leave a comment:

• SFbear
    replied
    How high would the bears be able to move up with Briggs and their first? How about if either Thomas Jones or Ogunleye are put into the mix since it is possible we may be moving either of them.

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    If Deion Branch can lock up a low 1st round pick, Lance Briggs definitely could.

Leave a comment:

• jetsfan3
    replied
    Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    he said he doesnt like it..thats why Patriots arent all over this thread.
    Damn, because I would love to trade our #39 pick for Briggs, that is, if he was a great fit in a 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    No, you'd be lucky for a second.
    :shock:

Really? I would've understood if you said we'd be lucky if we got a 1st but Briggs is without question worth a 2nd rounder, no doubt. He's an elite OLB in this league, and he's still young.

Leave a comment:

• GB12
    replied
    No, you'd be lucky for a second.

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
    How is Briggs as a 3-4 ILB or 3-4 OLB?
    he said he doesnt like it..thats why Patriots arent all over this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information