No announcement yet.

Greatest football player ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna give my vote to Deion Sanders...guy is the best CB ever to play. One of the best returners of all time. He also played some offense.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      I'm gonna give my vote to Deion Sanders...guy is the best CB ever to play. One of the best returners of all time. He also played some offense.
      Can't be Deion. We're talking about greatest ever here. The guy has to be an all around player. For all of Deion's ability he couldn't tackle for his life, and offered no run support.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        Did I read that right? A Vikings fan calling Favre the best player ever!

I'll go with LT, Jim Brown a close second, with Deacon Jones in the top ten.
        Yep. I hate him, but dammit, I hate facing him just as much. He fulfills all of my criterias: He's tough, he's immensely talented, and he's a winner.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The best player I ever saw play is Ladainian Tomlinson. Other than him I haven't seen any other greats play, but I think when its all said and done he'll be one of the best.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
          I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

Comment

Ryan Leaf..... no really barry sanders

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Well I'm not better than Jerry Rice yet so I can't say me. So it's between Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith.

Comment

Deion Sanders ??? bwahahahah
                Rod Woodson owned Deion Sanders.

All time players I've seen in my lifetime...
                Offense - Jerry Rice / Barry Sanders / Brett Favre
                Rice was the personification of effort and preperation.
                Sanders individual skill is beyond comparisson and
                Favre , when he's done will be a top 3 QB of all time.

I'll do defense later.

Comment

Im gonna play devil's advocate here and try to say some negatives about Rice.

While he was in my mind the undisputed best WR ever, he was also an extremely fortunate WR his entire career.

He played in the WCO his whole career, which gives him the oppurtunity at more catches and YAC compared to other systems.

He's had great quarterbacks throw him the ball everywhere he went.

He was properly utilized since day one.

Not all great WRs can say the same thing. Would Rice be Rice if he was in Air Coryell his whole career?

Would he be the same player if he had Trent Dilfer throwing him the ball?

So while he was a great talent, let's not forget, that he was also a very fortunate player to have been in the right situation since the day he stepped on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Im gonna play devil's advocate here and try to say some negatives about Rice.

While he was in my mind the undisputed best WR ever, he was also an extremely fortunate WR his entire career.

He played in the WCO his whole career, which gives him the oppurtunity at more catches and YAC compared to other systems.

He's had great quarterbacks throw him the ball everywhere he went.

He was properly utilized since day one.

Not all great WRs can say the same thing. Would Rice be Rice if he was in Air Coryell his whole career?

Would he be the same player if he had Trent Dilfer throwing him the ball?

So while he was a great talent, let's not forget, that he was also a very fortunate player to have been in the right situation since the day he stepped on the field.

That's why Keyshawn Johnson is so good, but nobody gives him any credit. For his whole Career he has had stinky QBs yet he has been successful. I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to mention that.

Comment

its between 3 running backs for me

Sweetness, Tim Brown, & Barry Sanders

Comment

Barry Sanders - Regular Season

Tom Brady - Post Season

or Sedrick Irvin

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Deacon Jones

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Can't be Deion. We're talking about greatest ever here. The guy has to be an all around player. For all of Deion's ability he couldn't tackle for his life, and offered no run support.
                            I guess I was talking about greatest athlete of all time...because I was thinking Deion and Bo Jackson.

Comment

Chad Pennington, easy.

I can't even say one, because it's too hard for me to compare offense and defense. Then, even if I *did* seperate offense and defense, there have been so many great players, that it would be hard enough to do a general top 5, nevermind *best*.

Comment

Jerry Rice or Jim Brown for sure which one I can't make up my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information