Greatest football player ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Seriously, I'll say Brett Favre. He is everything a football player should be.
    And i'll agree with you.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Barry Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
        Not to knock the greatness that is Barry Sanders, but he had a fatal flaw. The same thing that made him so great. His running style. He would get caught for a 3 yard loss far too often due to his backfield dancing. It would result in a 50 yard touchdown quite often, but he was very inconsistent. It's tough to go on a winning streak when your back is constantly putting you in 2nd or 3rd and long situations. Was he the most exciting RB ever? Of course. But his style wasn't conducive to winning on a consistent basis. And no, it wasn't just his OL's fault. Barry was a very difficult back to block for to say the least.
        Thank you. While Barry was great, his lack of vision and his adlib style was counter productive. So many people fail to see that.

Comment

Oh, and for the record.

Moses didn't split the sea.

LT just sacked it real hard, and all the water went away.

Comment

This thread is just a massive bias rant.

But for me it's Johnny U.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              And i'll agree with you.
              As sacrilegious as this is to say as a Packer fan, he isn't the best player ever. He is the epitome of what a football player should be, in terms of loving the game, giving everything he has, and his greatness. But I don't even have him as the best QB ever. But if you want a person to put up as the example of how everyone should play, that is him. His seemingly childlike love of the game is what sets him apart from everyone else.

But back on topic. Jerry Rice, BBD, I understand what you are saying about the greatness that surrounded him. But you can't take anything away from him because of that. What if he was a big reason that Montana is considered a top 5 QB. Without Rice, maybe Montana would just be a Terry Bradshaw. We don't know that. But it is something to talk about, it just isn't a fair argument. If you want to do that, then you have to count off for Jim Brown playing against people who would be small for high school teams nowadays.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Oh, and for the record.

Moses didn't split the sea.

LT just sacked it real hard, and all the water went away.
                He was the one who killed all the firstborns.

When the nile turned to blood, it was because LT was tired of waiting in line for a camel.

He took the camel north, and all the locusts and frogs went to Egypt to get the hell away from him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                  As sacrilegious as this is to say as a Packer fan, he isn't the best player ever. He is the epitome of what a football player should be, in terms of loving the game, giving everything he has, and his greatness. But I don't even have him as the best QB ever. But if you want a person to put up as the example of how everyone should play, that is him. His seemingly childlike love of the game is what sets him apart from everyone else.

But back on topic. Jerry Rice, BBD, I understand what you are saying about the greatness that surrounded him. But you can't take anything away from him because of that. What if he was a big reason that Montana is considered a top 5 QB. Without Rice, maybe Montana would just be a Terry Bradshaw. We don't know that. But it is something to talk about, it just isn't a fair argument. If you want to do that, then you have to count off for Jim Brown playing against people who would be small for high school teams nowadays.
                  Which is why I said on the first page that you cannot discuss who the greatest player ever is. All you can have is your own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                    He was the one who killed all the firstborns.

When the nile turned to blood, it was because LT was tired of waiting in line for a camel.

He took the camel north, and all the locusts and frogs went to Egypt to get the hell away from him.
                    Also, it wasn't the atom bomb that was dropped on Japan. LT just came on an edge rush.

During Operation Shock and Awe in Iraq, the initial plan was to send Saddam a tape of LT highlights, but they then decided that would be too deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Also, it wasn't the atom bomb that was dropped on Japan. LT just came on an edge rush.

During Operation Shock and Awe in Iraq, the initial plan was to send Saddam a tape of LT highlights, but they then decided that would be too deadly.
                      Yeah, that woulda been cruel and unusual. Also:

It wasn't the plague that killed one third of Europe, Lawrence Taylor was in his terrible twos.

The Greeks didn't defeat Xerxes at Salamis. LT farted in the water and sunk half Xerxes' fleet before the battle started.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

a meteor didnt really kill all the dinosaur's. LT was just a little hungry
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          a meteor didnt really kill all the dinosaur's. LT was just a little hungry
                          ....you just tarnished the previous golden comments.

Comment

Brett Favre
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Walter Payton.
                              End of discussion.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Jerry Rice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information