Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest football player ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Yeah, but that just shows you how ahead of his time he truely was from a physical standpoint.

    You know who's a lost name in all these discussions of running backs?


    Earl Campbell. The man was a monster, and he literally carried the entire offense all by himself.
    Campbell was great...if I'm not mistaken wasn't he also MVP his rookie year?

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      End of discussion.
      agreed.

      (10 characters)

      Comment


      • #93
        I love it the "board bully" WARD gives me negative rep for saying that Deion Sanders was OW3NED by Rod Woodson. Nice, some azzclown with a man crush on Deion gives ya neg rep because his hard on for Deion drew way to much blood away from the head on his shoulders.

        Here, ...I did the research for you buddy.

        Rod Woodson.
        11 Time Pro Bowler.
        71 Career INT's [12 Def TD's]
        725.0 Career tackles
        13.5 Sacks
        1993 Def POTY
        NFL "All 90's decade team"
        3 time Super Bowl participant.
        ***********************************
        Deion Sanders
        8 Time Pro Bowler
        53 Career INT's [9 Def TD's]
        351.0 Career Tackles
        1 Career sack.
        1994 Def POTY
        2 time Super Bowl participant.

        Read it and weep jerkoff.
        Instead of knockin my rep, why not try having more than personal oppinion to back your bullish ways on here.
        Last edited by Severe Punishment; 04-22-2007, 11:21 PM.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
          I love it the "board bully" WARD gives me negative rep for saying that Deion Sanders was OW3NED by Rod Woodson. Nice, some azzclown with a man crush on Deion gives ya neg rep because his hard on for Deion drew way to much blood away from the head on his shoulders.

          Here, ...I did the research for you buddy.

          Rod Woodson.
          11 Time Pro Bowler.
          71 Career INT's [12 Def TD's]
          725.0 Career tackles
          13.5 Sacks
          1993 Def POTY
          NFL "All 90's decade team"
          3 time Super Bowl participant.
          ***********************************
          Deion Sanders
          8 Time Pro Bowler
          53 Career INT's [9 Def TD's]
          351.0 Career Tackles
          1 Career sack.
          1994 Def POTY
          2 time Super Bowl participant.

          Read it and weep jerkoff.
          Instead of knockin my rep, why not try having more than personal oppinion to back your bullish ways on here.

          First off, that language is not necessary.


          2nd of all, did it ever occur to you that Woodson has more tackles and INTs because he's being thrown to more?


          If you want to say that Woodson was a better all around CB, then you can make that argument, I dont necessarily agree with it, but you can make it.

          But theres no question who the best cover corner in NFL history was. Thats Deion Sanders.

          Comment


          • #95
            hahahaha...again , another guy with nothing more than "My word is the truth"....here, maybe you're to young to remember then both playing. But there's a reason Woodson had more tackles...it's because Deion DIDN"T TACKLE...he was NEVER a great tackler. Not even close.
            Woodson on the other hand ...not only played CB, but he played some FS.
            Especially when he went to the Raiders and with the Ravens.
            He was more versitle, more aggressive was a better tackler and had a better career statistically...seriously, it's no where near close.
            Deion was a punk who marketed himself better than any other CB in history , I'll give you that. But player versus player it's woodson in one of the biggest landslides you could possibly have.
            And anyone who says different is either to young to have seen either played or a zombie of the Deion marketing campaign.


            ...and I wouldn't have used any language had this guy had the decency to respond to my comment instead of just knocking my rep.
            Seriously, what kind of an over grown child does that ?

            Comment


            • #96
              Campbell's a good name to bring up. He's my favourite runningback of all time. I saw a highlight of his where he ran a guy over like the guy was a banner the team runs through in pre-game. And of course the infamous jersey ripping incident.


              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                hahahaha...again , another guy with nothing more than "My word is the truth"....here, maybe you're to young to remember then both playing. But there's a reason Woodson had more tackles...it's because Deion DIDN"T TACKLE...he was NEVER a great tackler. Not even close.
                Woodson on the other hand ...not only played CB, but he played some FS.
                Especially when he went to the Raiders and with the Ravens.
                He was more versitle, more aggressive was a better tackler and had a better career statistically...seriously, it's no where near close.
                Deion was a punk who marketed himself better than any other CB in history , I'll give you that. But player versus player it's woodson in one of the biggest landslides you could possibly have.
                And anyone who says different is either to young to have seen either played or a zombie of the Deion marketing campaign.


                ...and I wouldn't have used any language had this guy had the decency to respond to my comment instead of just knocking my rep.
                Seriously, what kind of an over grown child does that ?
                Hmmm, BBD said that Deion was a better cover corner, which, judging by stats, he without a doubt was. The refused to throw his way. There were games where teams didn't even test him once. Deion Sanders was the best covering corner in NFL history. I don't remember who said it, but they said that Deion was the only corner who could play very good bump and run coverage without ever touching the reciever. If you watch him, you will see that that was exactly right. There is no doubt that Woodson was more versatile. But a corners job is to shut down the number 1 receiver. Deion did that better than anyone in history. There is no question about that. For that reason, and that reason only, I say Deion is the best corner of all time.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                  hahahaha...again , another guy with nothing more than "My word is the truth"....here, maybe you're to young to remember then both playing. But there's a reason Woodson had more tackles...it's because Deion DIDN"T TACKLE...he was NEVER a great tackler. Not even close.
                  Woodson on the other hand ...not only played CB, but he played some FS.
                  Especially when he went to the Raiders and with the Ravens.
                  He was more versitle, more aggressive was a better tackler and had a better career statistically...seriously, it's no where near close.
                  Deion was a punk who marketed himself better than any other CB in history , I'll give you that. But player versus player it's woodson in one of the biggest landslides you could possibly have.
                  And anyone who says different is either to young to have seen either played or a zombie of the Deion marketing campaign.


                  ...and I wouldn't have used any language had this guy had the decency to respond to my comment instead of just knocking my rep.
                  Seriously, what kind of an over grown child does that ?

                  Again, I understand the argument that Woodson was a better all around player.

                  But as a pure cover corner, its no comparison. Deion was simply better in coverage.

                  As a tackler/run stopper, Woodson by a mile.

                  But Deion was simply out of this world when talking about coverage. He was the best.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    So your reasoning is that Deion was a better PLAYER because teams failed to throw his way ? hahahaha laughable.
                    I've never heard the "QB's were to scared to throw his way therefore that makes him better" arguement.

                    just so you know, it's wrong. All this proves is that QB's who faced him were mentally inferior....as they played scared, instead of just playing.
                    Deion couldn't tackle. Not "he was a bad tackler" , he couldn't do it. If someone caught a ball on him he'd try punching the ball out or stripping it but he wasn't going to try and tackle someone.

                    And if you're going to call a DEFENSIVE player the "greatest" at his position , I'd think tackling would damn near be one of the top criteria's.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                      So your reasoning is that Deion was a better PLAYER because teams failed to throw his way ? hahahaha laughable.
                      I've never heard the "QB's were to scared to throw his way therefore that makes him better" arguement.

                      just so you know, it's wrong. All this proves is that QB's who faced him were mentally inferior....as they played scared, instead of just playing.
                      Deion couldn't tackle. Not "he was a bad tackler" , he couldn't do it. If someone caught a ball on him he'd try punching the ball out or stripping it but he wasn't going to try and tackle someone.

                      And if you're going to call a DEFENSIVE player the "greatest" at his position , I'd think tackling would damn near be one of the top criteria's.
                      You're being awfully critical of someone who thinks "their opinion is the bottom line" when you seem to be doing the same thing...

                      All BBD and other defends of Deion in this thread argued was that he is the better coverage corner. In fact BBD even said he understands the Woodson as the better overall player, but there is a lot of truth to Deion being a better coverage cornerback. That has nothing to do with tackling or run support, like he said.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Earl Campbell. The man was a monster, and he literally carried the entire offense all by himself.
                        As much as I love Earl, nobody comes close to Jim Brown. He's without a doubt one of the top five best running backs of all-time but Brown is far and away the best ever.

                        Comment


                        • Just let him be guys. No point in wasting time when someone won't listen rationally to your reasoning.

                          Comment


                          • I'm sorry I didn't realize
                            "I'm Right" was rationale.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                              I'm sorry I didn't realize
                              "I'm Right" was rationale.
                              never said I was.

                              I was in fact, saying that I can see where youre coming from with your argument.


                              You on the other hand, were doing exactly what you accused others of doing.

                              Comment


                              • I'm RIGHT !.....



                                that better a response for you ?

                                This reminds me of 5th grade.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information