Greatest Play Ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Play Ever?

So with the greatest player ever thread going on, I thought I would pose the question of what you guys thought was the greatest single play ever in NFL history...
    Two of my favorites are "the catch" and the "immaculate reception" with the edge goin to the "immaculate reception"...of course there are other great ones those are just my favorites...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...
      Another good one...
      I remember watching that when I was younger and seeing everyone in the room I was watching it at each others' throats over whether or not it was a forward latteral.

Comment

Recently, Randy Moss' catch and pitch back was pretty awesome. There are so many great ones, but that one is in my head right now.

Comment

Currently on the best damn sports show, they are doing the top 50 football plays ever. The Loyola kickoff return is one of my favorites.

Comment

THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD!!!!

You all know what im talking about =D

That was def pretty nice

I can put like 2 or 3 plays from that Boise State vs Oklahoma game in my top 10 too.

Comment

Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.

Comment

Antonio Freeman's stop-drop-and-roll-tip-drill catch against the Vikings was pretty darned unbelievable.....he was sliding face down on the ground, the ball hit him square in the back.....and yet somehow he still made the catch and ran it in for the TD. (And if I'm not mistaken, it won the game for the Packers....might have been in OT).

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.
                  Yeah, there's also a lot of smaller high school, not-well-known college plays that I have't seen on the show either, glad I just turned it on...

Comment

If we aren't limiting this to the NFL...

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEXBPwF9_g

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      If we aren't limiting this to the NFL...

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEXBPwF9_g
                      What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.

Comment

Most of the best football plays were in college football. NFL has a few good ones but not many.

Comment

Jay Cutler's TD to Javon Walker against Arizona.

Well, that was a great throw, but honestly, the Saints play has to be up there. The missed extra point might make it better. Lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

NOt the best but should be mentioned is when Lavar was still in college, and he like jumped over two 0linman and made the tackle, that was sick

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.
                              plus if you watch the replay...one of the guys who tackles/knocks him out of bounds actually came from off the bench...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information