League MVP Reevaluated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League MVP Reevaluated

Who do you think it is? I think Ladanian Tomlinson is clearly the number 1 candidate. Peyton is always a candidate, but LT has been unreal this year. He has what, 24 TDs on the season already??? Thats insane. He can do everything. The ultimate weapon.

If Romo plays like this all season, he deserves candidacy because that Dallas team doesn't make the playoffs with Bledsoe.

I still think Drew Brees is a candidate.

Not many standout names. The NFL is such a crapshoot the past 2 years.

NOTE: I did not add Romo to the list for 2 reasons.

1. He's still unproven
    2. It would ruin the poll for obvious reasons.

My order

Tomlinson
    Manning
    Brees
    Johnson

Comment

I voted for Peyton for homer reasons, but I agree that LT is the favorite right now.

Comment

watching LT do what he's doing makes this an easy decision for me

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby
          Theres a difference between most valuable player and offensive player of the year, which people dont realize. Most valuable player means that that person is more essential to their team than any other player. Offensive player of the year is just the best offensive player. Sure, LDT has better stats, but without Manning, the colts go 0-16 with Jim Sorgi at QB. Without LDT, the Chargers can still fall back on Michael Turner, who has excelled in the backup RB role. Thats why I say Manning.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
          Originally posted by yodachu
          Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

I voted for LT, but i think Julius Peppers should get some serious consideration.

Peppers already has 12 (i think) sacks and has been unstoppable. He has single-handedly taken over games and proven he is one of the the top 3 players in the league. However, the MVP award is kind of like the heisman, nearly impossible for defensive players to win. Maybe if the Panthers let him line up at TE or something and let him get some TDs.

Comment

I agree that Manning is MUCH more valuable to the Colts then LT is to the Chargers(partially because Turner is pretty good also), but the way LT's playing right now, he's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Comment

LT it is not even close and I'am a Chiefs fan.

Comment

Theres a difference between most valuable player and offensive player of the year, which people dont realize. Most valuable player means that that person is more essential to their team than any other player. Offensive player of the year is just the best offensive player. Sure, LDT has better stats, but without Manning, the colts go 0-16 with Jim Sorgi at QB. Without LDT, the Chargers can still fall back on Michael Turner, who has excelled in the backup RB role. Thats why I say Manning.
                  Thats not an entirely accurate approach to take. The same can be said of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Donovann McNabb, and even Jake Dellhomme. By that implication all are more valuable than LT. Its also unfair to do that type of evaluation because losing a starting qb is always a bigger blow to a team compared to losing a starting RB, its just the nature of the game. Losing Brad Johnson is a bigger impact than losing LT. Does that make Brad Johnson a more viable MVP candidate? Clearly not.

Comment

It's a two horse race, and I'd give Manning the slightest of edges over LT.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

it's a tough one this year. manning's stats may be down, but he is almost certainly the only reason the colts are the best team in the AFC. he's pulled them out of games they had no business winning and, for the most part, made every single play he needed to make to win games. i'm not sure this team is 9-1 with most other starting quarterbacks in the league, let alone jim sorgi.

on the other hand, tomlinson may be having one of the best single seasons ever by a running back. he has been nothing short of incredible. the only drawback i see here is how well turner's performed when given the chance. is it tomlinson, or is it the team (i'm *not* saying LT's talentless or anything else ridiculous)?

i'f i'm giving the award, today, it's probably tomlinson by a whisker.

Comment

If Tomlinson doesn't win the MVP, what else would he have to do to win it? He's having one of the best seasons of all-time for a runningback.

Comment

Let's give some love to other candidates, especially LJ.

The losses he's suffered on his OL including a first-ballot Hall of Fame LT right before preseason, his offensive coordinator, his Pro Bowl-level quarterback for half the season, and so on and so on - and he's still beastly.

He's carrying a workload that could endanger his career (I fear) because the Chiefs have no one else, and he's keeping them in the playoff race.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

If we are throwing out names...I would throw out Carson Palmer and Steve Smith....likely 4 and 5 in the voting...but Carson has really improved the second part of this year. Steve Smith is well Steve Smith....

LT
                            Peyton
                            Peppers
                            Carson
                            Smith

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                              No. You're wrong. It's not called "The most valuable player to his team award".
                              Think of Tomlinson and Peyton as diamonds. Who's shining brighter right now?
                              And the players' respective backups should have nothing to do with the equation.
                              Also, to say that the Colts are a no-win team without Peyton is just ridiculous.

val‧u‧a‧ble  /ˈv√¶lyuəbəl, -yəbəl/ Pronunciation
                              ¬Ėadjective
                              1. having considerable monetary worth; costing or bringing a high price: a valuable painting; a valuable crop.
                              2. having qualities worthy of respect, admiration, or esteem: a valuable friend.
                              3. of considerable use, service, or importance: valuable information.
                              ¬Ėnoun
                              4. Usually, valuables. articles of considerable value, as of personal property, esp. those of relatively small size

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information