X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigbluedefense
    started a topic League MVP Reevaluated

League MVP Reevaluated

Who do you think it is? I think Ladanian Tomlinson is clearly the number 1 candidate. Peyton is always a candidate, but LT has been unreal this year. He has what, 24 TDs on the season already??? Thats insane. He can do everything. The ultimate weapon.

If Romo plays like this all season, he deserves candidacy because that Dallas team doesn't make the playoffs with Bledsoe.

I still think Drew Brees is a candidate.

Not many standout names. The NFL is such a crapshoot the past 2 years.

NOTE: I did not add Romo to the list for 2 reasons.

1. He's still unproven
    2. It would ruin the poll for obvious reasons.

• DChess
    replied
    drew brees should win it.

hear me out:

peyton he's above lt, his team isnt as good but he still has some solid players around hiim. a solid o-line with great recievers and some depth at the RB postion. the defense is shaky but its compatiable

lt is a great back and having an outstanding year, but the defense is one of the best in the nation. the best rush defense, with a great linebacker core and get pressure on the QB like no other.

drew brees had nothign to work with when he got there. a shaky defense and alot of unproven guys on O. they got bush who hasnt done much, but he has thrown his way, and has helped with the development of colsten. he is the mvp because of the lack of talent around him.

IMO...............

Leave a comment:

• duckseason
    replied
    I agree that Gore is a very good back, and he seems to be the future of the 9ers, but he just really doesn't have any place in this discussion at this point in the year. He's just the MVP of his team. Tomlinson might be the MVP of this generation.

Leave a comment:

• Basileus777
    replied
    Originally posted by ninerfan
    Frank Gore is 45 % of the 9ers offense - team 5-5

30% rushing 1043 yards 5.5 yds per attempt (highest in top 20) , 4 TD's
    15% recieving 280 yards ave 8

LT is 40% of the Chargers - team 8-2

26% rushing 1037 yards 4.9 yds per and 19 TD's
    19% recieving 450 yards ave 10

OK LT smashes Gore on the TD front but what Gore is doing with an average team is great and he's certainly worthy of discussion at this point (but ok i concede he wont win it)
    Interesting. According to my calculations LJ is:

44% of Chiefs total offense with 1388 yards and 16 tds.

Leave a comment:

• ninerfan
    replied
    Frank Gore is 45 % of the 9ers offense - team 5-5

30% rushing 1043 yards 5.5 yds per attempt (highest in top 20) , 4 TD's
    15% recieving 280 yards ave 8

LT is 40% of the Chargers - team 8-2

26% rushing 1037 yards 4.9 yds per and 19 TD's
    19% recieving 450 yards ave 10

OK LT smashes Gore on the TD front but what Gore is doing with an average team is great and he's certainly worthy of discussion at this point (but ok i concede he wont win it)

Leave a comment:

• duckseason
    replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    Originally posted by duckseason
    forget the homerism, but

is Gore in this league ? his numbers compare to LT, Johnson and Tiki and he's doing it in a much less talented team.
    You're kidding, right?
    Tiki and Gore have similar numbers, but neither of them are in the same stratosphere as Johnson or Tomlinson. (#'s-wise)
    Gore has more yards than LT on the ground, FYI.
    Right. His numbers still pale in comparison. I'm not saying Gore is no good, I'm just talking overall numbers.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by duckseason
    forget the homerism, but

is Gore in this league ? his numbers compare to LT, Johnson and Tiki and he's doing it in a much less talented team.
    You're kidding, right?
    Tiki and Gore have similar numbers, but neither of them are in the same stratosphere as Johnson or Tomlinson. (#'s-wise)
    Gore has more yards than LT on the ground, FYI.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    I wouldn't mind Jason Taylor getting it... Dudes been insane.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    forget the homerism, but

You clearly forgot to do so.

Leave a comment:

• duckseason
    replied
    forget the homerism, but

You're kidding, right?

Leave a comment:

• Rob S
    replied
    gotta be LT

Leave a comment:

• jackalope
    replied
    i think LT should get it. he has 22 TDs.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo
    The AFC will have the backfield of Manning and Tomlinson at the Pro Bowl. :shock:
    Manning, Brady, Palmer
    Tomlinson, Johnson, Parker
    ... Thats just crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    The AFC will have the backfield of Manning and Tomlinson at the Pro Bowl. :shock:

Leave a comment:

• ninerfan
    replied
    forget the homerism, but

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information