4-3 vs. 3-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3 vs. 3-4

If you were running a team which defense scheme would you employ. And Why?

I would choose 3-4 for the extra speed you have on the field, the unpredictably, and the versatility.

I really like the 4-3 over set up, but that's not really an every play lineup. It gives the oppurtunity to put many great pass rushers on teh field as your Sam OLB should be a great pass rusher, and with 2 premier D Ends and atleast one great D tackle to free everyone else up, this system can dominate. Then have two MLB types at MLB and WLB and you're golden.

Comment

4-3 because Bill Parcells has a FUP.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I like the 3-4, but not every team can run it because you need the right personel (also the reason that I think it's not as successful in college).
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Really depends on what personnel I have but probably the 3-4 if I could pick any players.

Comment

Personally, 4-3

Comment

I would like a 4-3 with 2 gigantic run stuffers in the middle and 2 good non-stop pass rushers.

Comment

I've always liked the 3-4 because it allows you to be a bit more agressive. It's easier to confuse an offensive line, and sometimes it will force a back to stay and block in passing situations. When it's a run, more LBs gives you more speed to pursue.

BoneKrusher

Comment

i prefer the 3-4...but like moses said, it depends on the group of players you have..

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

I'd definately take the 3-4. You can create an awesome pass rush with the 4 linebackers and it is alot easier to stop the run up the middle with the two backers and a NT than with the two DTs and the one MLB.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

3-4 for sure. Just look at the success it is having now...Peyton Manning himself cannot figure it out. Also, in 34 you are more athletic, and in the current NFL, that is what is most important.

Comment

Hybrid. 8)

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Im a 3-4 guy. Always have been. Its better against the run, and its more confusing and versatile. You have more variety of plays, more blitz packages, mroe athletecism, and more confusion.

You obviously need the right personnell of course, but if Im building a defense from scratch, I build a 3-4 defense.

If I were to build a 4-3 defense, it would be built like the 2000 Ravens/Current Jaguars. I would want 2 massive DTs who devour the run, and a quick speedy MIKE who can make tackles sideline to sideline and defend the pass up the middle. Have a solid pass rusher DE, preferabley 2 of course, and quick speedy WILL who can also rush the passer.

If I were to give an example of 4-3 personnell that would be realistic under the salary cap, it would be this

DE - Osi Umenyiora :D
                          NT - Albert Haynesworth
                          UT - Marcus Stroud
                          DE - Reggie Hayward

WILL - Adalius Thomas
                          MIKE - Mike Peterson
                          SAM - insert blue collar guy

That would be a realistic and affordable front 7 in a 4-3, and thats the style I would build. I would want 2 run devouring DTs, 2 DEs who can rush the passer well plus stuff the run well, a pass rushing WILL who can play in space, and a pass coverage MIKE.

Comment

BBD you sure you don't want some smaller DL and some fast LBs so you can run a cover 2?

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                              BBD you sure you don't want some smaller DL and some fast LBs so you can run a cover 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information