Tom Coughlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin

After the NY Giants loss today, Coughlin during the press conference critized his quarterback Eli Manning for his decision to try and make a play and throw the ball instead of throwing it away when there seemed to be no one open. This criticsm comes after Coughlin had reprimanded Tiki Barber for airing the teams dirty laundry to the media. Barber's criticsm was not the first of this season as previously he and Jeremy Shockey sharply criticized Coughlin after their shellacking by the Seattle Seahawks in week 3.

The reason for this post is that I think that if Coughlin can't right this ship and start getting the Giants back on the winning track that he will be fired at the end of the season. The team seems to be falling apart with players criticizing Coughling and vise-versa.

What do you guys think?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

fire him and the whole coaching staff

Comment

Should he? No.

Will he? ...no.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Eh....I'm not big on firing coaches on an impluse. They won the division just a year ago. I'd give him another year, and I don't even like Coughlin.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Jack Del Rio>Tom Coughlin

Comment

If they finish under .500, I'd fire him. I think he's starting to lose control over the team. I don't think his players respect him, nor do I think he respects the players.
            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
              If they finish under .500, I'd fire him. I think he's starting to lose control over the team. I don't think his players respect him, nor do I think he respects the players.
              Exactly the point I was trying to get across when I posted this topic. I think when that happens you have to let a coach go.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I want him out if this team does not finish with 9 wins at the very least. Meaning, if he does not finish 3-2 over the next 5 weeks, peace out.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by jagfan33
                  Fix your sig.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                    Fix your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                      Fix your sig.
                      What's wrong?
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
                        Exactly the point I was trying to get across when I posted this topic. I think when that happens you have to let a coach go.
                        Jim Mora Jr. should be fired as well then.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                          Originally posted by diabsoule
                          Jim Mora Jr. should be fired as well then.
                          Definately.

I think for sure there's going to be three coaches fired this year: Coughlin, Denny Green, and little Jimmy Mora. Possibly a fourth in Art Shell.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I think Coughlin should be fired, even if the Giants CAN regroup. He has shown a propensity for his team being wildly inconsistent while vastly underachieving. He has shown that he cannot fill his coaching staff with quality guys. Hufnagel and Coughlin have been a joke in the development of Eli. Tim Lewis is a complete joke. Also, the Giants have more players questioning the coaches than probably any other players in the NFL, combined. That really tells ya something.

Coughlin did a nice job righting the ship from what NY Giant Football had become, but I think he has fulfilled his shelf life in NY regardless of what happens the rest of the season (barring unforeseen miracle).
                            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

My problem with Coughlin is that he won't admit when he's wrong. When players say they were outplayed and outcoach like Tiki in the playoffs last season and Shockey after the Seahawks Coughlin makes a huge deal out of it and tries to point the finger at the players not playing up to par. If you get 40 points scored on you that quickly like the Seahawks did and you get blown out in the playoffs like that, then face it YOU GOT OUTCOACHED you can blame most of it on the players but when you get owned in such magnitude some of the blame lies on the coach's shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information