Roughing the passer? Protecting QB's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
    They need to relax on the roughing the passer calls, and take a look at hits on receivers. The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

The call on the Hasselbeck hit was horrible, and I've seen that happen that multiple times this year, including Tatupu hitting Andrew Walter in the chest and he gets called for a blow to the head.
    It's football. It's a physical game. Get over it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The rules are so dumb. It's not touch football.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Boston
        They need to relax on the roughing the passer calls, and take a look at hits on receivers. The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

The call on the Hasselbeck hit was horrible, and I've seen that happen that multiple times this year, including Tatupu hitting Andrew Walter in the chest and he gets called for a blow to the head.
        Wha are you telling me to get over? I'm saying they need to relax on the roughing the passer calls like a little blow to the head that hardly ever hurts the QB. But at the same time they need to enforce the rules against hitting a WR in the helmet, simply because of the force involved in those hits.

They call penalties on legal hits on teh QB all the time, but they let illegal hits on wide receivers go uncalled just as often.
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Wha are you telling me to get over? I'm saying they need to relax on the roughing the passer calls like a little blow to the head that hardly ever hurts the QB. But at the same time they need to enforce the rules against hitting a WR in the helmet, simply because of the force involved in those hits.

They call penalties on legal hits on teh QB all the time, but they let illegal hits on wide receivers go uncalled just as often.
          The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

And you're getting at what? I was giving a examples of things that should be called and things that shouldn't be called. I don't see what the problem is here. Running full speed and striking a receiver who's running full speed in the helmet is much more dangerous than giving a QB a little tap on the helmet.

I'm jsut not seeing what the problem is with my post.
            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

worst call i've seen in awhile. Jenkins did nothing wrong. that very likely lost us the game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope
                worst call i've seen in awhile. Jenkins did nothing wrong. that very likely lost us the game.
                I wouldn't go that far, the inability to score after those turnovers cost us the game. That just insured that we would have no chance.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447
                  Originally posted by jackalope
                  I wouldn't go that far, the inability to score after those turnovers cost us the game. That just insured that we would have no chance.
                  i'm not saying that alone lost us the game, but it had a huge impact.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

The call your talking about was a bogus call. There was nothing that Jenkins could've done to avoid hitting Hasselback after Hass moved his head esp. considering that Jenkins did everything possible to try and not hit his head.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information