Stupidest/Worst Play Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest/Worst Play Ever

Since we have a "Greatest Play Ever" I thought we could have the worst/ stupidest plays ever. Mine is:

With less than 10 seconds left on the clock, and the Browns clinging to a 3937 lead, Chiefs quarterback Trent Green dropped back to pass, but the entire Browns defensive line swarmed him and it appeared to be a game winning sack. However, Green tossed the ball to tackle John Tait just before he went down. Unfortunately, Rudd was the only player who did not see this, and after getting up, took off and threw his helmet in the air in celebration, thinking Green was sacked and the game was over. Tait rumbled to the Browns 25-yard line where he was knocked out of bounds. That would have been the end of the game there, but Rudd's premature helmet toss drew the Browns an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball to the 13 yard line (half the distance to the goal), and since football games, by rule, can not end on a defensive penalty, Chiefs kicker Morten Andersen booted a 30-yard field goal with no time left, to win the game 4039.

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
    Since we have a "Greatest Play Ever" I thought we could have the worst/ stupidest plays ever. Mine is:

With less than 10 seconds left on the clock, and the Browns clinging to a 3937 lead, Chiefs quarterback Trent Green dropped back to pass, but the entire Browns defensive line swarmed him and it appeared to be a game winning sack. However, Green tossed the ball to tackle John Tait just before he went down. Unfortunately, Rudd was the only player who did not see this, and after getting up, took off and threw his helmet in the air in celebration, thinking Green was sacked and the game was over. Tait rumbled to the Browns 25-yard line where he was knocked out of bounds. That would have been the end of the game there, but Rudd's premature helmet toss drew the Browns an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball to the 13 yard line (half the distance to the goal), and since football games, by rule, can not end on a defensive penalty, Chiefs kicker Morten Andersen booted a 30-yard field goal with no time left, to win the game 4039.
    Off the top of my head, because it happened against San Diego, Aaron Brooks with the Saints throwing the ball backwards when the pressur was coming in on him. Not sure of the year, but I sure remember it was a pretty stupid play.

Comment

Eh... That was a bull **** call, Rudd thought it was a sack (barely wasn't) it's not his fault that an o-lineman rumbled for 30-40 yards after it, it was just bad luck.

Stupidest player (with 2 plays) ever would have to be that guy from the Cowboys d-line that messed up the kick and then celebrated and fumbled before the goal line, funny stuff.

Comment

Aaron Brooks backward pass.....seriously....I don't know if anything can top that.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post

Sounds like Cleveland to me.....but for me the dumbest was Plaxico Burress celebrating by spliking a live ball.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Aaron Brooks backward pass.....seriously....I don't know if anything can top that.
            LOL what about the guy that ran the wrong way into the endzone then threw the ball over his shoulder and then realized he ran to the wrong endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              LOL what about the guy that ran the wrong way into the endzone then threw the ball over his shoulder and then realized he ran to the wrong endzone.
              Did that really happen? I don't remember that, lol. That would take the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                Sounds like Cleveland to me.....but for me the dumbest was Plaxico Burress celebrating by spliking a live ball.
                Hey Vincent Jackson did that this year too....he got away with it though...thank god.

Comment

Didn't Brooks try to throw it to an offensive linemen to avoid being sacked?
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    Didn't Brooks try to throw it to an offensive linemen to avoid being sacked?
                    It's hard to imaigne what was going through his mind at the time...but that would have been my best guess...in hindsight it wasn't a great decision.

Comment

I recall a clip from decades ago where someone did run to the wrong endzone on defense. It may have even been before the AFL merge, not sure. Nothing can really top that though.

Comment

leon lett is a dumb mutha trucka

Comment

Leon Lett slowing down before the goal line and getting the ball stripped by don beebe in the SB...or Lett's Thanksgiving disaster...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

I remember when the Lions were in the playoffs 12 or 13 years ago and Scott Mitchell was at QB. He was attempting to lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback. It was 3rd down, he completed a little 2 yard pass (making it 4th down) and he ran up to the line to spike the ball to stop the clock. Turnover on downs.

Comment

Well, from last year, the first thing that comes to mind is when Kiwanuka (NYG) let go of Vince Young and he continued to ran and got a 1st down. I understand he didn't want to get a penalty, and it shows the effect of the ridiculous QB penalties. Nonetheless, pretty stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information