Stupidest/Worst Play Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 that haven't been mentioned:

Matt Hasselbeck guaranteeing an OT victory ("we want the ball and we're gonna score")and then throwing an INT TD to Al Harris on the ensuing drive.

In Super Bowl VII, K Garo Yepremian picked up a blocked kick and frantically tried to throw a pass, only managing to whiff it up in the air where he batted it right into the hands of a defender. The he failed miserably in his "tackle attempt".

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
      When the Bucs lost that MNF game to the Colts on an idiotic Unsportsmanlike Conduct call...

ugh
      I believe the call you are speaking of was not Unsportsmanlike Conduct, but rather some other rare penalty on a missed FG attempty by Vanderjerk. Simeon Rice jumped up to block the kick and landed on a lineman's foot by mistake, and then in typical fashion the refs made up some ghost penalty so Peyton could win on the ensuing FG attempt from closer range. We never should've let them back in the game anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cleveland...1987 divisional playoff game.... Mark Gastineau.... 2nd and 24...incomplete pass... late hit on Kosar... automatic first down... 23-20 2OT...

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          I believe the call you are speaking of was not Unsportsmanlike Conduct, but rather some other rare penalty on a missed FG attempty by Vanderjerk. Simeon Rice jumped up to block the kick and landed on a lineman's foot by mistake, and then in typical fashion the refs made up some ghost penalty so Peyton could win on the ensuing FG attempt from closer range. We never should've let them back in the game anyway.
          The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Rice landed on the back of one of the other linemen when he jumped for the kick in 'celebration'.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
            The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Rice landed on the back of one of the other linemen when he jumped for the kick in 'celebration'.
            You're right on the call, but this is what happened:

Mike Vanderjagt, the most accurate placekicker in NFL history, actually missed the ensuing 40-yard attempt, but the Buccaneers were flagged for a penalty that seemed impossible to understand. DE Simeon Rice was called for unsportsmanlike conduct, with the contention that he used a teammate to aid his leap to block the kick. Replays showed Rice jumped straight in the air, but the officials stuck to their call. Vanderjagt then easily made a 29-yarder to win the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Jay Cutler's INT against Seattle was pretty damn stupid. Luckily for us, he cut down on mistakes after that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10 View Post
                    Doesn't seem like a stupid/worst play ever to me. Was just very unforunate they didn't get in.

That picture right there is one of the most memorable in my mind, for better or worse. If I had to some up why football is a superior sport, I would simply use that picture to help explain.

Of course you probably hate me for saying that, but again, it was such an epic battle to end for the Titans. Wished they had won that Super Bowl.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Doesn't seem like a stupid/worst play ever to me. Was just very unforunate they didn't get in.

That picture right there is one of the most memorable in my mind, for better or worse. If I had to some up why football is a superior sport, I would simply use that picture to help explain.

Of course you probably hate me for saying that, but again, it was such an epic battle to end for the Titans. Wished they had won that Super Bowl.
                      to me its the worst play ever because we were a yard short of possibly winning the super bowl
                      Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

How about Orlando Brown getting hit in the eye with a flag. I'm proud to say I was at that game but sad to say I didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Any play involving Aaron Brooks
                          Aaron Brooks was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread.

Not even mentioning the backward pass, every game he would have at least a few plays where he fumbled snaps, backpedaled 15 yards backwards at the first hint of pressure, the head scratching interceptions.

Comment

the refs messing up the steelers coin toss that one year was pretty funny.

but the play that stands out as the dumbest to me is in a 2004 game, week 15, miami and new england played on monday night. brady threw 4 INTs that game but the last one he threw was hilarious. he was getting sacked and right when he was about to hit the ground he just threw the ball straight up into the middle of the field and it landed in Brendan Ayanbadejo's arms and it allowed miami to drive down and score the go-ahead touchdown with like a minute to play.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post
                              Cleveland...1987 divisional playoff game.... Mark Gastineau.... 2nd and 24...incomplete pass... late hit on Kosar... automatic first down... 23-20 2OT...
                              I didn't know anything GOOD could happen to the Browns. But then there's the next game they played...oh yeah, there was "The Drive". Then the next year "The Fumble".
                              Last edited by kalbears13; 04-24-2007, 12:15 AM.

Comment

whos that guy who pick the fumble up and return it on him self and drop the ball in his own endzone and the other team pick it up and scored

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information