Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or their defense.

not the point.

just as a reminder note. do we all remember belichick's time with the brownies?

i'm sure we all know that we can't get everything based out of talent, and that you can't coach a bunch of S-teamers into beating first line guys. but, really, ingenuous coaching really causes headaches for teams and puts points and victories on the board by creating situations that the individual players are great at. because more often than not, one individual talent doesn't mean great things.

like, sapp and oakland.
    or when strahan or osi goes down, the DL isn't the same for jersey. (nothing against Kiwanuka (go bc) yet...)
    or in the saga to be goes down in chicago with Briggs. one great talent cant necessarily secure success especially in the age of the cap. urlacher needs mediocre talent to make them look pretty good (see hunter hillenmeyer)...

great coaching will turn the jets into J-E-T-S jets.

now. in other circumstances. you have romeo crennell. denny green. both pretty good coaches. and have teams with talent. but still can't make that leap into the next category... or in denny's case, couldn't with the cards. but why? like what derza said. putting that fire under the butts and making them well disciplined and have them execute well. sure you can gameplan phenomenally, but if you can't execute, even LT would look pretty sloppy and not as good. which is why crennell and green albeit good coaches in philosophy, concept, and adaptation, don't fall into the next category of good coaching to lead mediocre talent to victory more often.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      or their defense.

not the point.

just as a reminder note. do we all remember belichick's time with the brownies?

i'm sure we all know that we can't get everything based out of talent, and that you can't coach a bunch of S-teamers into beating first line guys. but, really, ingenuous coaching really causes headaches for teams and puts points and victories on the board by creating situations that the individual players are great at. because more often than not, one individual talent doesn't mean great things.

like, sapp and oakland.
      or when strahan or osi goes down, the DL isn't the same for jersey. (nothing against Kiwanuka (go bc) yet...)
      or in the saga to be goes down in chicago with Briggs. one great talent cant necessarily secure success especially in the age of the cap. urlacher needs mediocre talent to make them look pretty good (see hunter hillenmeyer)...

great coaching will turn the jets into J-E-T-S jets.

now. in other circumstances. you have romeo crennell. denny green. both pretty good coaches. and have teams with talent. but still can't make that leap into the next category... or in denny's case, couldn't with the cards. but why? like what derza said. putting that fire under the butts and making them well disciplined and have them execute well. sure you can gameplan phenomenally, but if you can't execute, even LT would look pretty sloppy and not as good. which is why crennell and green albeit good coaches in philosophy, concept, and adaptation, don't fall into the next category of good coaching to lead mediocre talent to victory more often.
      I'm not entirely sure what any of that meant....
      I think you were getting at you need a combination of the two, which is true. But I may be wrong, not sure.

Comment

Goes hand in hand to me. The best coaches get the most out of their talent and develop it. If the talent isnt there in the first place, the coaching wont matter and you can have all the talent in the world, but if you dont use it, it doesnt matter.

Personally, I think talent wins games and coaching wins the championships. In the NFL the difference between the best and the worst players is not that great(not compared to say HS or NCAA level), which means the coaching should have a greater final impact. The great talent can take you to the playoffs, but great coaching will get you over the hump, because great coaches will nullify their opponents best talents.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information