Best Units in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    I'll probably get called a homer. But Green Bay's got a good QB Unit. Favre is good when he had a line last year and Rodgers is a first rounder w/ great potential.
    If you're considering depth with the QB position then yeah, I would say thats a fair assessment. It's hard to consider depth with QB though, because so many of the backups havent seen action including Rodgers.

Comment

QB: Colts
      RB: Chargers
      WR: Cardinals
      TE: Broncos
      OL: Redskins

DL: Ravens/Patriots
      LB: Patriots (Thomas-Vrabel-Bruschi-Colvin)
      DB: Ravens

ST: Bears

Comment

I think we should throw out the QB category, unless you're going to talk about backup QB's. Starters really shouldn't be considered, IMO. Starting QB's play every snap when they are healthy and not completely sucking.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The Eagles have the best OLine in the league. Their starting unit is excellent, and they have quality depth to boot. The Skins are pretty good, but they lost Dockery, and Randy Thomas is on the decline.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            The Eagles have the best OLine in the league. Their starting unit is excellent, and they have quality depth to boot. The Skins are pretty good, but they lost Dockery, and Randy Thomas is on the decline.
            This is proabably where I'll start coming off like much more of a homer, but the Chargers O-Line isn't to shabby either. Two pro-bowlers in McNeill and Hardwick, with Dielman and Goff at guards, and Olivea probably the weak link at RT. Especially if you factor in TE's with Gates and Manemaleuna.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
              This is proabably where I'll start coming off like much more of a homer, but the Chargers O-Line isn't to shabby either. Two pro-bowlers in McNeill and Hardwick, with Dielman and Goff at guards, and Olivea probably the weak link at RT. Especially if you factor in TE's with Gates and Manemaleuna.
              Chargers offensive line is definitely up there. McNeil was the big addition they needed to turn the corner.

Comment

I'm fine with Eagles and Chargers at the top 2. The Redskins are up there, but not best in the league. The thing is, the Eagles have been consistently top 5 in the league, when healthy, for the last 7 years or so. The Chargers have been good, but they've finally jumped to great.

Comment

What about the Rams recieving core:

Torry Holt
                  Isaac Bruce
                  Drew Bennett
                  Randy McMichael

Comment

Not as overall dominant as the Colts and Cardinals.

Comment

I can't wait until this turns into a homer thread. Where are all the Dallas fans saying that their secondary is better?
                      You do realize the Anthony Henry put up the best numbers of any number 2 CB...and Aaron Glenn put up the best numbers of any #3 corner. I won't get started on Tnew...he is what he is. Sure Roy can't cover...but he is one of the best intimidators in the game. FS is a bit in the air...but the addition of Ken Hamlin makes the situation a little better.

Comment

I would also put the Bengals with Johnson, Housh, and an unsuspended Henry ahead of the Rams.

Comment

I would also put the Bengals with Johnson, Housh, and an unsuspended Henry ahead of the Rams.
                          The Bengals with that WR core, all active, could be argued as the best around. I would think its only really rivaled by Arizona and Indy, but I would take that Bengals lineup over Indys.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                            You do realize the Anthony Henry put up the best numbers of any number 2 CB...and Aaron Glenn put up the best numbers of any #3 corner. I won't get started on Tnew...he is what he is. Sure Roy can't cover...but he is one of the best intimidators in the game. FS is a bit in the air...but the addition of Ken Hamlin makes the situation a little better.
                            thule, what kind of numbers are you talking about? Passes defensed? INT's? Tackles? Or are you talking about metrics, such as yards per attempt, errors, bad beats, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              i'm willing to buy that new orleans COULD be at the top for running backs (i like mcallister a lot), but i'm just not sure that bush was that great a running back last year (yeah, yeah, technicalities).
                              Well the thing is Reggie Bush is one of the most uniquely utilized RBs in the NFL. Because of his versatility his role is quite different from most other backs league wide. He gets split out wide often to force Linebacker mismatches and draw a Defender away from the box, he runs a lot of routes from many different formations. The only runningback that I can think of that is used in a similar manner is Westbrook.

He has quite a bit to learn in becoming a seasoned runner but he's gotten better at not losing yardage with each game. He's still a gamebreaker who Defenses have to account for as he can score from anywhere on the field if you disregard his presence (see his 88 yard TD in the NFC Championship game)

When McAllister is healthy he's a top notch inside runner. He came back from ACL surgery this season so I anticipate him gaining some burst next season. He's a big framed back with light feet, he has great lower body strength so he can shed arm tackles easily and finishes his runs well.

As a unit there's a lot of versatility offered, and I think they compliment each other excellently. When they're both on the field as a playcaller you have a great unpredictability factor.
                              Last edited by Auron; 04-24-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

thule, what kind of numbers are you talking about? Passes defensed? INT's? Tackles? Or are you talking about metrics, such as yards per attempt, errors, bad beats, etc?
                                nfl.com had a article I'll dig it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information