Best Units in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
    Best young secondary. But I don't know about best overall. The only reason they were ranked number one in pass defense last year was because teams would have success running on them. Similar to the Packers the year before.
    Teams weren't that good at running at them. They were 11th in Y.P.C against. Then again, with all they have invested in them, I would hope Oakland has a great secondary.

Comment

• That's a very good point, BBD. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that before. Kudos sir! + rep!
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        You know guys....Oakland has a real good secondary. They might have the best secondary in the league.
        Very good point. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          That's a very good point, BBD. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that before. Kudos sir! + rep!
          Beat me to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Remind me to punch Tim Lewis in the face.

ONLY TIM LEWIS....has the genius to spy Brian Westbrook with William Joseph.

I couldn't even try to be that stupid.
            yea and the funny thing is, he was hired as a SECONDARY COACH. so much for carolina having a good secondary! :)
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I'll say Denver for best secondary.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                yea and the funny thing is, he was hired as a SECONDARY COACH. so much for carolina having a good secondary! :)
                Consider me thankful for Tim Lewis, then. He allowed the Colts to sign Rod Perry, who coached the Panthers secondary from 02-06, to replace Leslie Frazier as a defensive backs coach.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                  shiver: i don't buy it yet (oakland). unless you're projecting a bit.
                  It is a little projection, on my part. Although they did played extremely well last year as well.

Comment

• Last year they probably graded out, in my opinion, as very good, just not elite. I expect them to continue to improve and take that top spot this year. The incumbents for the DB crown have some age issues. Baltimore, and Philadelphia, for example. Whereas the Oakland secondary will only continue to improve.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• San Diego has one of the 2 best offensive and defensive lines in the NFL.

Comment

they were good, and not to take anything away, but i'm not sure i'd call them top 2 GREAT off of last year alone.

that said, i do like huff a lot (unfortunately), so assuming their CBs don't regress, they should be better this year. except for two weeks a year when cutler embarasses them.
                        Thailand really helped with your sense of humor.

Comment

i'm also now 3.4 times better looking than you. that's a 6% gain since before i left.
                          Wow...it's worse than I thought. It's pretty much a fact that you are one ugly sob.

Comment

• this is going to be looked at as homerism but i have a legitimate argument. how, in five pages, did the steelers DL not get mentioned?? they have not allowed a 100 yrd rusher since i believe midway 04'. not one other teams DL has come close to that. and in a 3-4 that is there job. they should atleast be a contender.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• (1) Maybe the lack of mention is a clue.

(2) Mid-04? That's ridiculous, Edge rushed for over 100 yards on them on MNF in or around November 2005.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

9/10 mormon girls disagree.
                                They have like the worst taste of all time, why do you think ugly mormon men are able to bag 10 wives? That's a horrible stat to use, but go ahead and use it if it makes you feel better.

I'm done taking this thread off topic, because I already won.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information