X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toonsterwu
    started a topic Jenkins comment from Yasinskas

Jenkins comment from Yasinskas

Anyhow, I didn't see a thread for anything new on Jenkins, and I thought a portion of it was an interesting enough to warrant a thread ... if this is repeated elsewhere, sorry

anyhow, it comes from Pat Yasinskas' blog, the Observers Panthers beat writer

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

"Fox and Hurney mum on Jenkins
    What coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney didn't say during Tuesday's pre-draft meeting with the media might have been more telling than what they did say.

When asked if he thought Kris Jenkins would be at Panthers mini-camp the week after the draft, Fox said the odds favored that scenario. Fox and Hurney quickly added that Jenkins remains under contract to the team and said they wouldn't comment on trade speculation.

Keeping mum on the Jenkins situation is what Fox and Hurney have been doing since word got around the league earlier this month that they were shopping the defensive tackle. To date, there have been no deals.

But that doesn't mean Fox's prediction of Jenkins showing up for mini-camp in Charlotte next week will come true. If there's going to be a trade for Jenkins, it won't come until Friday or Saturday. It makes for fun speculation on talk radio and chat rooms in the weeks leading into the draft. But trades generally don't happen until the day of or the day before the draft.

That's when teams get desperate and start to compromise. Several teams have shown interest in Jenkins, and the St. Louis Rams are probably at the top of the list. Word is the Panthers are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft and a pick in a later round in either this year's draft or next year. Stay tuned."

That's a lot to be asking for. A 2nd and more?

• D-Unit
    replied
    Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    and Wilfork..wow how underrated is :\
    ...and Jason Ferguson... geez... some people are sooooo forgetful.

I would add Casey Hampton and Jamaal Williams in there too. ...unless he is including Jamaal, then in that case I would put Kevin Williams up there.

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    The only defensive tackles you could realistically put ahead of him in the NFL are:
    Henderson
    Stroud
    Rogers
    Williams

Theres not many others who're better, some who're comparable, but not many who're better. A 2nd is fair value imo. No DT in the second is going to be as good as he is for the next three years, and none, realistically project to be as good.
    and Wilfork..wow how underrated is :\

Leave a comment:

• D-Unit
    replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    Any why is that?
    Cause I hope it's not true and that Dallas is able to draft Branch.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The only defensive tackles you could realistically put ahead of him in the NFL are:
    Henderson
    Stroud
    Rogers
    Williams

Theres not many others who're better, some who're comparable, but not many who're better. A 2nd is fair value imo. No DT in the second is going to be as good as he is for the next three years, and none, realistically project to be as good.
    I bet I can come up with more than 30 tackles that averaged more production per season in the last three years.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Rams are drafting Branch. Done deal.
    Any why is that?

Leave a comment:

• Stash
    replied
    Henderson
    Stroud
    Rogers
    Williams

Hampton is better and the other Williams as well. I'm not sure which Williams you are talking about because there are two good ones that should be included, the one is SD and the one in Minny.

Leave a comment:

• skinzzfan25
    replied
    Henderson
    Stroud
    Rogers
    Williams

That Tommie Harris guy is alright :\

Leave a comment:

• Ravens1991
    replied
    C'mon Jerry Jones!!!!
    What position do you think that Jenkins would play in a 3-4? I havent seen a lot of him play.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Alcoholism or addiction to substance is a result of an X factor in your life. Some people got beat by their daddy, others have something recent come into their life that causes them to lose control. Jenkins got injured and for the first time since he could remember he was away from his support network. There were no problems when he had his knee injured a year later and nothing this year either.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Fixed

He's had problems, doesn't have.
    Are you certain? because frankly.. It's hard to just be cured of Alcoholism.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    True, but that was also Trade Deadline on a team making a superbowl run. Now, had they not won the superbowl, people would look back and say how ridiculous that trade was. But they won, and it looks great.

McFarland hasn't fought depression or Alcoholism in the past either.
    Fixed

He's had problems, doesn't have.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Ward View Post
    If Anthony McFarland warranted a (late) 2nd, then surely Jenkins would too.
    True, but that was also Trade Deadline on a team making a superbowl run. Now, had they not won the superbowl, people would look back and say how ridiculous that trade was. But they won, and it looks great.

McFarland isn't fighting depression or Alcoholism either.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Rams are drafting Branch. Done deal.
    If he's still there.

Leave a comment:

• EvilMonkey
    replied
    in regards to mcfarland. IMO he was valued a little higher because he was supposed to fill a glaring need during the season. You never know what could happen be4 the season starts in terms of cuts and rookies and other players developing so i think right now GMs r tighter with picks and he is only worth a 3rd. If he was healthy and on the block when indy traded for mcfarland, i think he'd fetch a 2nd easily.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information