Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dante Hall traded to the Rams for a 5th rounder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    So why is that top return men seem to only have one or two great seasons before becoming an after thought? The position isnt too demanding so why the huge decline in only a couple years? Its not like there is a lot of where and tear on the body. I just dont understand it... Good trade though on both sides, rams address a need and chiefs get younger.

    Comment


    • #62
      Has anyone noticed how KR/PR have one amazing year the next year where did they go what happned to them a few keep things rolling but most fade away

      Hall
      Rossum
      Drummond
      Hester- is he next

      Comment


      • #63
        i call it a 5th round

        Comment


        • #64
          I think this kills any possibility of Ginn going to St. Louis.

          Comment


          • #65
            One thing that killed Hall two years ago is the amount of blocking in the back penalties that were called when he would get a decent return. It was amazing how often it was called against the Cheifs after his great season in 04. Last year though he seemed timid and kept running backwards, he also muffed a fair amount of punts and was getting frustrating to KC fans. It was time for a chage, though I do think the Rams got a decent player still who should be helped by playing of turf.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
              I think this kills any possibility of Ginn going to St. Louis.
              Thank God.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Has anyone noticed how KR/PR have one amazing year the next year where did they go what happned to them a few keep things rolling but most fade away

                Hall
                Rossum
                Drummond
                Hester- is he next
                Teams stop kicking to them. Some just get cocky. Hall in particular is feared, some teams wont kick him the ball, a couple did it with Hester by seasons end.

                Another thing is that KR is really a lot of luck. One good or bad block can be the difference between a TD and a nothing return, sometimes it just opens up, others it wont. The rest of your ST are a huge part of a KR having success. It is impossible if your teammates cant block and ST change yearly.

                Also it is a high pressure position, if you cant do something else, why do they keep you? I mean if I can get 21 YPR from Player A and a good corner or WR or I can get 25YPR from player B, why do I want player B, why pay him specifically for what amounts to maybe 20 yards in an entire game when other contributions are so much more.

                Finally, game film. Your first year returning teams dont know about you, have a good season and they can plan. Some guys prefer going right and to juke a certain way, when everyone on the opposition starts to know this, makes it harder if you dont have the versatility.


                Props to BK on the sig!

                Comment


                • #68
                  I'm happy with this move Hall has been playing to long to still be making rookie mistakes like he has the last few years.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I like the trade by the rams. The idea of us not getting Ginn makes me more happy :).

                    R.I.P Sean Taylor

                    Thanks to Renji for the AVI

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
                      So why is that top return men seem to only have one or two great seasons before becoming an after thought? The position isnt too demanding so why the huge decline in only a couple years? Its not like there is a lot of where and tear on the body. I just dont understand it... Good trade though on both sides, rams address a need and chiefs get younger.
                      I can't speak for other guys but it was a few reasons for Dante Hall like people not kicking right to him any more he didn't have the same blocking he had a few years ago and the biggest reason he started trying to dance around to much.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Good pick-up for the Rams and Chiefs.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information