No announcement yet.

Top 5 tight ends in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those two Chappelle Show references were completely hilarious.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

1. Gates
      2 Heap
      3 Winslow
      4 Tony G
      5 Cooley

Comment

Everyone does know that Shockey was the 2nd quickest TE to 300 receptions besides the original Kellen Winslow. I know he used to be a big mouth but that has even changed. He can block pretty well, he gets it done in the end zone, and he's just a beast when it comes down to tackling him.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I like the list, but I gotta say, Shockey deserves to on there instead of Crumpler. Crumpler's hands are horrible, and his blocking is overrated.

Shockey has actually improved his run blocking drastically, he's being stereotyped as a poor blocker but I dont think thats the case anymore.
          You would think I would disagree, but I don't. Alge Crumpler is overrated, because he is Atlanta's only competent weapon, so he has more opportunities to produce statistically. His hands aren't "horrible," per say, just mediocre. His blocking is solid.

Comment

1. Antonio Gates
            2. Tony Gonzales
            3. Alge Crumpler
            4. Todd Heap
            5. Dallas Clark
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Any top 5 list without Shockey is a joke. He is roughly the third best TE in the league right now. No one but Gates and Gonzalez has matched his production over the last 3 years. This is on a team with a bunch of weapons and supposed "overrated to bad" QB.

And like was said before, Shockey borderline just dominates whoever he assigned to block these days. I'd say blocking is one of his more stronger suits these days. It wasn't 5 years ago but it is now since Coughlin came to town.

1. Gates
              2. Gonzalez
              3. Shockey
              4. Heap
              5a. Witten
              5b. Crumpler
              Last edited by Jughead10; 04-26-2007, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I didn't look at anyone else's ranks and went straight to the reply.

Right now:

Gates
                Gonzalez
                Crumpler
                Heap
                Witten

With another solid year, Kellen Winslow could crack the list. I have him as a #6 because of injury issues and concerns.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Shockey's blocking is better, but I don't see him as a dynamic weapon in the passing game anymore. He has become more pedestrian due to some dings and injuries and the offensive scheme. He is not what he was earlier in his career, which is fine. He's just not as dangerous as he used to be.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I didn't look at anyone else's ranks and went straight to the reply.

Right now:

Gates
                    Gonzalez
                    Crumpler
                    Heap
                    Witten

With another solid year, Kellen Winslow could crack the list. I have him as a #6 because of injury issues and concerns.
                    No love for Shockey or LJ Smith?

Comment

LJ Smith is barely a passable blocker. He has gotten better, but he hasn't reached that elite level. I think that he's a top 10 TE, not a top 5. I watch a ton of Eagles games, and I love having LJ as a player. He is perfect for the Eagles' system, but he isn't one of the elite.

Comment

I can't see how Shockey isn't as dangerous anymore. He basically has been doing the same thing for 5 years now. His TDs have actually increased drastically these last few years. If anything the addition of Plax has taken some catches way from Shockey, but I wouldn't say he is any less effective.

Comment

I consider the other players on my particular list to be better all-around TE's than Shockey at this point. I would say Shockey is 6/7 right now with the potential greatness of Kellen Winslow II. Just my opinion.

Comment

By the way. Big down year for Gates this year. He isn't even close to being an all around TE. He is just far and away the best receiving TE. However a lot of that had to do with Cameron and how they used him. Unless the new OC took some real good notes, I expect a Gates down year.

Comment

Gates' blocking is actually underrated, IMO. Agree that Cameron had a big part in things. I don't like taking TE's in round 3-4 anyway, so that's not a problem for fantasy. Gates has to be on this list because he is far and away the most dominant receiving TE in the league, and he can also block decently.

Comment

Good call on the down year for Gates. I like your train of thought there, Jug.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information