• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason David To The Saints : Done Deal

The Colts didn't Match the Offer Sheet. They Will Receive a 4th rounder

www.nfl.com

Adam Shefter Reported this News

This could have went into the Free Agency thread, but this is a good pickup for us and a great upgrade at the position. Definitely could change our draft strategy as well.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

doe this change the saints first round?

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
        doe this change the saints first round?
        It means we now have the luxury of taking the BPA whether it be WR, DT, or LB and addressing the CB position in the later rounds. I'm still hoping out for Chris Houston or Aaron Ross, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Justin Harrell, David Harrell, Lawrence Timmons, Jon Beason, or Paul Poslunzsy now.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I am going to ask a mod to merge this thread with the FA thread.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I think with this signing it definitely changes our draft strategy. We now have a legitimate #2 cornerback to play opposite of Mike McKenzie. Now, we look at which position it is that we need the most help at and then address it by which players fall to us. We no longer need to move on a cornerback just because he's there. We ccould either go linebacker, wide receiver, defensive tackle, or cornerback, along with Greg Olsen if he falls to our pick.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Regardless of getting David, I'm still hoping for us to select Aaron Ross or Chris Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                I think with this signing it definitely changes our draft strategy. We now have a legitimate #2 cornerback to play opposite of Mike McKenzie. Now, we look at which position it is that we need the most help at and then address it by which players fall to us. We no longer need to move on a cornerback just because he's there. We ccould either go linebacker, wide receiver, defensive tackle, or cornerback, along with Greg Olsen if he falls to our pick.
                The only problem is, Mike McKenzie isn't a legitimate #1 cornerback.
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Hes played pretty well.

Anyway, this changes the draft completely. I don't think Any of the big 4 corners will be around when we pick, but I think we could still use a CB pretty early (McCauley in the 2nd?); the 1st pick is now definitely BPA.

If he falls to 27, Greg Olsen is the guy. Otherwise I'd say Puz or Harrell..maybe Bowe or Meachem.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                    can you name one game were he had real problems , last season ?

he had a very very good shutdown season , first time without gambling too much.

Comment

I wish we would have kept David. Now we need CB bad!

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                        I didn't get to watch him much with the Saints, but when he was in Green Bay he was very good. He was easily better than Harris until probably his last season with the Packers. Has he really regressed that?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          Has he really regressed that?
                          No. I really don't know what TFIUDUAIHAD is referring to.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information