No announcement yet.

Charles Grant locked up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't deny that. I just didn't appreciate the internet eliteism being thrown around.

Comment

Great signing for the Saints. Grant and Will Smith are studs and this defense is being built around them. It seems like a lot of money at face value but exactly like the guy was saying if you understand the nature of the cap and the economics of this league you understand it is a good deal and Grant wouldnt have had any problem getting a deal that big or bigger if he hit the open market.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
        Charles Grant is either the first or second most important player on our defense. I'm glad we got him locked up.
        1. Fred Thomas

He's the most important player on your defense from the unbiased perspective of a Bucs fan....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well..not anymore. Hes kinda the nickelback now that Jason David is in New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            1. Fred Thomas

He's the most important player on your defense from the unbiased perspective of a Bucs fan....
            Good thing he's now a Nickelback. :D

Considering that Patrick Kerney who is 2 years older than Grant got 19.5 Mil guaranteed, I don't think this is an entirely bad deal. He's a big part of the Defense, and I'm sure Loomis structured the contract to be backloaded, or have a bunch of lucrative incentives in the later years.

Comment

I think they overpaid him a little bit, he's a solid player and a important part of their defense.

Unfortunately this just drove up the price to resign top tier defensive ends that need to be resigned soon, like Suggs, Peppers and Freeney.

Comment

I'm really glad we signed him up before the draft. Great re-signing and now we do not have to worry about drafting his replacement.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Good signing. Solid value. Perhaps slightly overpaid but certainly not by much. One of their stars last year.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Joey Porter got $20 million, getting Grant for that is practically a steal.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Good move by the Saints to lock him up the only bad thing is if he got that much how much will Will Smith want when he is a FA?

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        Good move by the Saints to lock him up the only bad thing is if he got that much how much will Will Smith want when he is a FA?
                        We'll worry about that in 2010. :)
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information