Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL considering 17th regular season game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are they gonna do home/away games? I doubt that theres much of a market for the NFL in foreign markets for them to have every single team play a game in a foreign market

Comment

Stupid. Let's water down the records even more.

Comment

How will they deal with home/away with an odd number of games? This is stupid.

Comment

Du-
          -umb.

I'm with Jughead. How do they work home and away? Idiotic.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Yeah, it seems like Goodell really wants to make an emphasis on spreading the game overseas. I even herad on...sorry I don't remember which station...but that sometime after 2012 they are considering playing the Super Bowl in either Canada, Mexico City, or London.
            I like that he wants to spread the game over the world...but not when it takes away from the NFL in America.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
              Yeah, it seems like Goodell really wants to make an emphasis on spreading the game overseas. I even herad on...sorry I don't remember which station...but that sometime after 2012 they are considering playing the Super Bowl in either Canada, Mexico City, or London.
              I like that he wants to spread the game over the world...but not when it takes away from the NFL in America.
              Won't happen. The outside pressure will be too great.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

How about they do this. Cut the Preseason down to two games. Give each team an extra game, and an extra bye. That should cut down on injuries suffered late in the year. It shortens the preseason(which many players want.) It also adds another regular season game, which any fan would be happy to watch. It is a win/win situation.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Bad idea, more injuries more worn out before the playoffs. No no no.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

the new commish is trying to put his own stamp on the league. not sure if i like it, but if they cut a pre-season game i guess its okay. i think the overseas thing is crap though,

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Dont mind about an extra football game but the super bowl has to stay in the country
                      Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

The idea of a 17th game is terrible if you ask me (To bad nobody does).

I do like the suggestion of an extra bye week during the season. I wouldn't mind seeing the preseason dropped to three games, but I think two is to few. While superstars certainly could deal with a 2 game preseason, it is an excellent opportunity for younger players to get time, fight for spots and improve.

Comment

Make the regular season 19 weeks
                          Cut 2 Preseason Games
                          Add 1 International week for all teams
                          Keep 8 homes games for all teams
                          Add 2nd bye week in for all teams

Everyone wins

Comment

Guys, the home/away thing is not a problem with an extra week, because it would be 8 home game, 8 away game, and 1 foreign game for all teams. Come on guys. And as many have mentioned, adding a bye and removing one or two weeks of preseason would completely make up for any injury concerns for ONE more game. I like the idea, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
                              Guys, the home/away thing is not a problem with an extra week, because it would be 8 home game, 8 away game, and 1 foreign game for all teams. Come on guys. And as many have mentioned, adding a bye and removing one or two weeks of preseason would completely make up for any injury concerns for ONE more game. I like the idea, do it.
                              I still don't like it. I'd rather keep in the US. Imagine a team flying over to London for a game. That's just too much. I don't like it in Canada because they have their own league for promoting the game, and Canadian fans pick up the Bills, Seahawks, and certain Midwest teams. I know that the CFL is not a top-notch league and is not widely popular, but still.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                                I still don't like it. I'd rather keep in the US. Imagine a team flying over to London for a game. That's just too much. I don't like it in Canada because they have their own league for promoting the game, and Canadian fans pick up the Bills, Seahawks, and certain Midwest teams. I know that the CFL is not a top-notch league and is not widely popular, but still.

How about this: Find 16 international sites. Every team has week 1 at an international location, then there is a bye week for all teams. Then the season starts as normal. Instead of two preseason games you have an international game and a bye week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information