Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL considering 17th regular season game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats that gonna do to home games / division games

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
      whats that gonna do to home games / division games
      OH MY GOSH! 17 weeks, 8 home, 8 away, and 1 out of country, for EVERY team, ok? Division games IS a good point, because the schedule making formula would be messed up, so they'd have to randomly add one more team to each team's schedule, but it's certainly an easy thing to do.

Comment

This would be really dumb.

Comment

Maybe we won't have to deal with asshole Brits bashing a sport they know nothing about then, eh? "You Americans and your football, bah!"

Comment

Another Stupid Idea by the NFL. Keep everything the same!

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

You need to keep everything the same 16 games is good. I mean the Stats will be crazy and then you really couldn't judge anybody from the past to now if you had 17 games. 16 Games is perfect every game is really important except for may'be the last game, and adding another game is meaningless. Having games outside of the U.S is dumb also, unless they are preseason games because nobody cares about the preseason games.

Comment

Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
                You need to keep everything the same 16 games is good. I mean the Stats will be crazy and then you really couldn't judge anybody from the past to now if you had 17 games. 16 Games is perfect every game is really important except for may'be the last game, and adding another game is meaningless. Having games outside of the U.S is dumb also, unless they are preseason games because nobody cares about the preseason games.
                Well back in the day, it was amazing that Jim Brown ran for all those 1000 yard seasons on a shorten schedule (1500 on a 12 game schedule, 1800 on a 14 game). If Brown got the full 16, he might still have the NFL rushing record.

Or he might of been injured due to the extra workload. Who knows.

Comment

I say we take over teh CFL, combine them into us, add all their 8 teams into 1 more division per conference, and add 1-2 more games total.

then it would truly be more of a "World Championship"

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
                    I say we take over teh CFL, combine them into us, add all their 8 teams into 1 more division per conference, and add 1-2 more games total.

then it would truly be more of a "World Championship"
                    Hmm..... but I'm not sure the Canadiens would like our version of football.

Comment

hmm im not sure we like there version of football

Comment

I'm all for international expansion and trying to take the game(the real game, not NFL Europe) to an global stage. But this isn't a good idea. Not only would you mess with the numbers, by adding more games you would remove some of the late week intensity that makes things interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information