John Clayton: Micheal Turner to be traded tommorow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Clayton: Micheal Turner to be traded tommorow

He said that an undisclosed team has offered a 2008 first round draft pick in exchange for Micheal Turner. He said the Chargers are definitly going to trade Turner, and are shopping around for a better deal, but if none is found, this is going to happen.

Just said this on ESPN a couple minutes ago

Wow, giving up a 1st for a guy who will be a FA next year is dumb. Someone sounds real desperate.

Comment

I really hope it's not the Packers. I just think a first rounder is a little too much for a guy who hasn't proved he can carry the load in the NFL yet and is going to be a FA. Personally i'd rather draft a guy like Marshawn Lynch than trade that pick for Turner.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Wow, giving up a 1st for a guy who will be a FA next year is dumb. Someone sounds real desperate.
        QFT

Hopefully it's not us...

Comment

I would be very surprised if this turned out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            QFT

Hopefully it's not us...
            Theres NOOOO WAAAAY it could be us. If it is, you'll hear about me on the news, because I'll most likely jump off a bridge.

But seriously, theres like a .00000001% chance its us.

Comment

I would not be shocked if it's Buffalo

Comment

Is Turner really worth a 2008 first rounder? I guess someone thinks so. I assume it's Green Bay, Buffalo, or Tennessee doing the honors here. They all have RB needs, and Turner could fit those needs. I'm really surprised about the price, though. My gut says it's the Bills.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Damn, another draft with two Chargers 1st rounders.

Clayton said, the Chargers have already agreed to accept the deal if they cannot find anything better.

I bet it's the Titans....Lendale is a whale.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    He said the thinking is that the team can franchise him, so they are garuanteed at least 2 years

Comment

According to the speculation recently on NFL Live from Floyd Reese its likely between the Titans and the Bills. I still say its a risk when there are some nice prospects in this draft not to mention Corey Dillon or a Chris Brown on the free agent market but this seems to be destined to happen so be it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I think part of the rationale for trading for Turner now is exclusive negotiating rights. When a player can play the market, he can drive his value up. If one of these teams wants to guarantee the right to negotiate, they will make this trade. I'm guessing there will be some sort of protection for if Turner doesn't sign an extension. Still, Turner on the open market is bad for the Chargers (minimal compensation) and bad for the team that wants him now (will probably have to overpay).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If its the Bills, they made a mistake. Because they have a legit shot at getting AD. They should at least wait until draft day to try some sort of trade. I hate trading away picks when you dont even know whats on the board when its your turn to draft.

Comment

I just have a feeling it's the Bills. Could be the Titans or the Packers, though. I really can't see another team making that deal. Maybe the Texans, but that would be absolutely ridiculous, especially given Kubiak's reliance on the Shanahan RB valuation model.

Comment

J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information