superbowl out of country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superbowl out of country?

there are rumors that Goodell (sp?) is trying to get a international super bowl. (per PTI, ATH)

if this goes down, then goodell can die.
    Last edited by Bengals1690; 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

I hope not.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I don't think Goodell would be the one making the call on this, it would be all the major advertisers of the NFL that would. I do suppose it would provide a huge venue to open new markets for products, but I still don't see them moving the game somewhere. Coaches would hate having to fly to a different country for the biggest game of the year and use sub par practice facilities, deal with jet lag, the list goes on and on....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

how about his idea move the pro bowl a week before the super bowl.

Comment

I don't find this relevant in the least. Either provide a link with an actual rumor from a credible source, or don't post this sort of crap.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            I don't find this relevant in the least. Either provide a link with an actual rumor from a credible source, or don't post this sort of crap.
            im watching espn right now, im sure alot of posters on here are watching it. They are talking about Goodell trying to add a game to the regular season and taking the superbowl out of country.

who dey?

Comment

Well, I personally think that the Super Bowl should not be played in another country. I think it's an affront to the players and fans from America to play the game elsewhere, and there are plenty of other issues that accompany such a move. I have no problem with the NFL moving to become more of a global game, but they shouldn't abandon tradition or their local markets.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Well, I personally think that the Super Bowl should not be played in another country. I think it's an affront to the players and fans from America to play the game elsewhere, and there are plenty of other issues that accompany such a move. I have no problem with the NFL moving to become more of a global game, but they shouldn't abandon tradition or their local markets.
                i agree 100 percent

who dey?

Comment

I think we should wait to comment further until we actually have substantive plans in the works. I think I heard somewhere that the NFL has commitments for the Super Bowl until 2012, then they're looking into something.

Comment

worst idea in the history of the nfl. i actually think playing regular season games internationally is a horrible idea also. it is the NATIONAL football league for a reason. it is a purely american sport and the super bowl is the biggest american event, keep it here.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

lets have it iraq

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

haha, this would amuse me lots. how about paris, in the stade de france...
                        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

That would be very un-cool.

Comment

canadia !

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Rio

all-topless halftime show

Comment

Working...
                              X