Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Off-Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thought Buffalo had a great Offseason. As bad as many think it is, it really wasnt.

    Lost-
    Willis Mcgahee
    Nate Clements
    Takeo Spikes
    London Fletcher-Baker
    Kelly Holcomb

    Gained-
    Derrick Dockery
    Langston Walker
    Jason Whittle
    Darwin Walker

    Draft picks-
    Marshawn Lynch
    Paul Posluszny
    Trent Edwards
    John Wendling
    AJ Wright
    CJ Ah You
    Derrick Schouman

    We lost 2 LB, Spikes and Fletcher. Spikes was on the downside, and Ellison is an up and coming LB and should be more than a replacement. Fletcher racked up alot of tackles, but many were WAY off the LOS. Pos will perform much better than Fletcher did, as Pos will be playing the MLB. We lost Willis, who was a cancer to the team and wasnt at all near the hype he made himself out to be. Lynch should be more than an adequate replacement for him along with Thomas and Wright. The OL was upgraded HUGE. Should help the run game, JP Losman get time, and let the TE be free so they dont have to stay in and block. We lost NAte Clements, who I think was the biggest lost. But for a cover 2 corner, he wasnt worth 80 million. Ashton Youboty is still solid, and will be good as the cover 2 corner. I think they had a very solid off season.

    Comment


    • #17
      Vinny Ciurciu + Vishante Shiancoe = Championship

      Comment


      • #18
        I can tell you who had the worst off season the Packers.


        Thanks to jackalope

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
          Detroit improved . . . their only significant subtraction was backup safety Terrance Holt.

          I'd say they are top ten in terms of most improved this offseason, but I still don't see us winning more than 6 games in 2007.
          they also lost dre bly

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
            I can tell you who had the worst off season the Packers.
            trying to take a cheap shot like how i did lol, we signed our own, Jenkins and Barnett so im happy with what we did.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
              I can tell you who had the worst off season the Packers.
              Agreed, absolutely terrible.

              Comment


              • #22
                Chargers certainly used the term off-season pretty literally. No one acquired in FA, but resigning a few quality players, and no movement of Michael Turner....

                Then comes draft day and with the first pick they use it on a guy projected by many as a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder.

                Then give up a bunch of picks to acquire Eric Weddle, who i definitely like but would have rather taken 1st over Davis.


                way off-season guys

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                  Thought Buffalo had a great Offseason. As bad as many think it is, it really wasnt.

                  Lost-
                  Willis Mcgahee
                  Nate Clements
                  Takeo Spikes
                  London Fletcher-Baker
                  Kelly Holcomb

                  Gained-
                  Derrick Dockery
                  Langston Walker
                  Jason Whittle
                  Darwin Walker

                  Draft picks-
                  Marshawn Lynch
                  Paul Posluszny
                  Trent Edwards
                  John Wendling
                  AJ Wright
                  CJ Ah You
                  Derrick Schouman

                  We lost 2 LB, Spikes and Fletcher. Spikes was on the downside, and Ellison is an up and coming LB and should be more than a replacement. Fletcher racked up alot of tackles, but many were WAY off the LOS. Pos will perform much better than Fletcher did, as Pos will be playing the MLB. We lost Willis, who was a cancer to the team and wasnt at all near the hype he made himself out to be. Lynch should be more than an adequate replacement for him along with Thomas and Wright. The OL was upgraded HUGE. Should help the run game, JP Losman get time, and let the TE be free so they dont have to stay in and block. We lost NAte Clements, who I think was the biggest lost. But for a cover 2 corner, he wasnt worth 80 million. Ashton Youboty is still solid, and will be good as the cover 2 corner. I think they had a very solid off season.


                  So by your own description, the long and short of it is that you guys only lost a little bit. That's not really something to be happy with.


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    trying to take a cheap shot like how i did lol, we signed our own, Jenkins and Barnett so im happy with what we did.
                    Hey don't forget about Frank Walker, he's nothing to shake a stick at.


                    Thanks to jackalope

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      PATRIOTS -
                      Adalius Thomas
                      Randy Moss
                      Donte Stallworth
                      Brandon Merriweather

                      NUFF SAID

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        BROWNS HAD THE BEST:

                        horrible OL in 2006?

                        we got
                        LT - Joe Thomas
                        LG - Eric Steinbach
                        resigned Hank Fraley to play center

                        No future QB?
                        We drafted Brady Quinn to take over soon.

                        No RB?
                        Jamal Lewis is a great fill over Ruben Droughns and our OL is alot better than Baltimores and Lewis is now healthy.

                        DL problems?
                        We signed Robaire Smith at DE to replac a horrible Alvi nMckinley.
                        We also got our NT of the future in Saun Smith.
                        Finally a back-up OLB incase McGinnest gets hurt in Antwan Peek.

                        Secondary problems?
                        We drafted a 1st RD talent in Eric Wright.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tomh1991 View Post
                          PATRIOTS -
                          Adalius Thomas
                          Randy Moss
                          Donte Stallworth
                          Brandon Merriweather

                          NUFF SAID
                          49ers NUFFF SAID l337 pwnz0rz`111!!!!111

                          Hitman D

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tomh1991 View Post
                            PATRIOTS -
                            Adalius Thomas
                            Randy Moss
                            Donte Stallworth
                            Brandon Merriweather

                            NUFF SAID
                            Thats pretty tough to beat. I'm taking the Patriots to win the SB.


                            Thanks to jackalope

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              new england and san fran by far. They filled every weakness through the draft and FA.

                              Another team to look out for offensivly next year is the rams. Just about every skilled position is stacked and a they have a solid oline.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Patriots are now the Super Bowl favorites in my book, thus they get the nod from me


                                Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information