No announcement yet.

Best Off-Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can it not be the Patriots? They came within one drive of going to the Super Bowl last year and got three impact players in free agency/trade and another one in the draft. This year their #3 WR (Wes Welker) is going to be better than their #1 WR last year (Reche Caldwell). Not to mention they got arguably the best Free Agent available in Adalius Thomas.

Comment

Patriots and San Francisco. There can be no doubt about it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Denver

Gained
        Travis Henry
        Dre Bly
        Brandon Stokley
        Daniel Graham
        Patrick Ramsey
        Troy Fleming

Drafted
        Jarvis Moss
        Tim Crowder
        Ryan Harris

Denver gave Cutler a few more options on offense by signing Daniel Graham and Brandon Stokley and the addition of Travis Henry will really help out the young QB and is just what Denver has been missing at running back for a few seasons. Also signed a proven backup with Ramsey

on the defensive side which was already strong, the signing of Bly gives the Broncos the best CB tandom in the NFL and with a strong draft they addressed their week defensive front by getting Jarvis Moss who reminds me of another former Gator Javon Kearse then in the second they got Tim Crowder which now gives Denver a good pair of defensive ends...good luck throwing on denver
        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Pats and Niners

Comment

I don't know how you want to define best. The Patriots added the most big names on paper, so they have the best face value.

But I'm not a fan of Redskin style offseasons.

Personally I like what the Rams and Falcons did this offseason. And unlike most, I don't like what the Patriots and 49ers did.

Comment

I would have to say the patriots had the best or the 49ers. People think that randy moss is over in his career but I think he has alot of tread left on those tires. He is running a 40yrd dash in 4.28-4.30 that is faster than most of the wide-outs. PATS HAD THE BEST OF SEASON

Comment

i would like to point out that first of all the Patriots have had the best off-season. But being a denver fan i would like to point out that

1. Travis Henry has the potential to be a top 10 RB next year, due to the fact that he fits in perfectly with the ZBS.

2. Dre Bly + Champ Bailey= Best CB tandem in the NFL. This was a great move by Shanny especially after d-will go shot.

3. Jarvis Moss + Tim Crowder + Marcus Thomas= Potential for the Broncos to be able to actually be able to put pressure on the Qb for once. This will definatly improve our pass-d drastically b/c we could never get any pressure on the QB last year.

4. Brandon Stokley= With Rod Smith aging, and Brandon Marshall showing real potential to be our #2 WR. Brandon Stokley is a great pick-up for a slot reciever. He was extremely succesful in Indy ( I know he had Peyton) bu the fact that he knows how to get open is key.

5. Daniel Graham- Not the best TE at catching the ball. But he is definatly a beast at blocking. So now with a blocking te (graham) and a catching te (sheaffer sp?). So now the broncos can run 2-TE formation that will inevitably boost our run and pass game.

Just a few points, but i will say that i do believe the pats had a better/equal post season

Comment

I have a feeling Daniel Graham is going to have a breakout year....

Comment

There's no guarantee that Bailey can re-create the absolutely superb year he had last year, when everything went right for him, and I'm waiting to see how Dre Bly performs in Bates' scheme (especially after getting paid) before crowning the duo just yet.

I would recommend curbing your enthusiasm that three rookie lineman will instantaneously transform a sub-par defensive line into that of championship caliber. Especially if they can't stop good offenses from running the ball like last year, as that eliminates the pass-rushing Moss from the equation by a good deal (but that won't be the case long-term as he develops under Bates, I think). Also, Thomas needs to do a better job of not getting penalized, that's not mentioned in all the talk of his considerable missteps.

As for Stokely, I have my doubts as to how much he'll actually contribute in 2007 when he's trying to recover from his Achilles injury (nevermind the guy unfortunately has a hard time staying healthy as it is).
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan4lyfe View Post
                      i would like to point out that first of all the Patriots have had the best off-season. But being a denver fan i would like to point out that

1. Travis Henry has the potential to be a top 10 RB next year, due to the fact that he fits in perfectly with the ZBS.

2. Dre Bly + Champ Bailey= Best CB tandem in the NFL. This was a great move by Shanny especially after d-will go shot.

3. Jarvis Moss + Tim Crowder + Marcus Thomas= Potential for the Broncos to be able to actually be able to put pressure on the Qb for once. This will definatly improve our pass-d drastically b/c we could never get any pressure on the QB last year.

4. Brandon Stokley= With Rod Smith aging, and Brandon Marshall showing real potential to be our #2 WR. Brandon Stokley is a great pick-up for a slot reciever. He was extremely succesful in Indy ( I know he had Peyton) bu the fact that he knows how to get open is key.

5. Daniel Graham- Not the best TE at catching the ball. But he is definatly a beast at blocking. So now with a blocking te (graham) and a catching te (sheaffer sp?). So now the broncos can run 2-TE formation that will inevitably boost our run and pass game.

Just a few points, but i will say that i do believe the pats had a better/equal post season
                      I'm sure Carolina, and Baltimore would disagree.

Comment

Well the best tandom is just my opinion, and i do beleive that both Carolina and Baltimore have less than or equal to the broncos CB in Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. But last year Champ was the best CB, and now with Bly (who is very good but not great) they are very good. But Rolle and McCallister and Gamble and Lucas are both really good in their own rights.
                        I would recommend curbing your enthusiasm that three rookie lineman will instantaneously transform a sub-par defensive line into that of championship caliber. Especially if they can't stop good offenses from running the ball like last year, as that eliminates the pass-rushing Moss from the equation by a good deal (but that won't be the case long-term as he develops under Bates, I think). Also, Thomas needs to do a better job of not getting penalized, that's not mentioned in all the talk of his considerable missteps
                        And btw IMO the addition of moss,crowder, and thomas however rookies, greatly add to our less than impressive D-line. Coupled with Warren, Lang, Dumervil, and Ekuban those three can greatly improve our defense. Not saying that they are going to make us amazing. But if they play good its still better than the DE's that we have. And thomas and warren are still a pretty decent DT tandem. Not great or amazing. But most likely unless all three are complete busts. They will improve us from last year.

Comment

I'm not dumb enough to chime in and say the Bengals did but I do have to mention how much greater our offseason is this year than last year.

A. We don't have daily updates on our franchise players knee.
                          B. We don't have rumors swirling that our star LB is going to be suspended.
                          C. We don't have Chris Henry getting arrested every other day.
                          D. We don't have speculation about our star WR getting in a fight with a coach.

Ahhh.. The calm is relieving.

Comment

I really liked what the Raiders did in the offseason. If they had a veteran quarterback, I'd pick them to make the playoffs.

Comment

I don't buy that simply because the Niners did a lot of things and spent a lot of money that they had a good offseason. Usually it's the teams that make a few small but prudent and practical moves that do the best in the end.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                I'm sure Carolina, and Baltimore would disagree.
                                After last year Carolina isn't even in the discussion.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information