No announcement yet.

Dear Randy Moss:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the raiders were holding him back. all you had to do was make him run streaks and throw it up to them. its either a catch or incomplete pass.

now the pats are going to win the super bowl again

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMasterG View Post
      the raiders were holding him back. all you had to do was make him run streaks and throw it up to them. its either a catch or incomplete pass.

When you run routes half-ass, you're holding yourself and your team back.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMasterG View Post

horrible post here. IF moss tried this team would be way better. we barely ran routes... he mostly jogged them

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

The Pat fans will learn when they get the real Jake. This guy is not on his 3rd team in 4 seasons for a reason.

Comment

To all my fellow Pats fans, Jay, Electriceye, Don VIto et al, threads / discussions like this are exactly why this (Moss) is such a bad move. I can take all the ******** "Belichik is classless " comments - they come from biased, petty, jealousies that we all feel for certain rival teams. If the guy (BB)wasn't winning superbowls he wouldn't register a single comment on this site. I'll take that all life long.

THe Patriots run has been defined by many things. THe free agency era, the no name players, the system, the coach... I am most proud of the fact that in the years leading to the need to crack down on off-field conduct of players, our team not only defined success, but was a standard bearer for good conduct.

You can debate how much of a jerk Moss has or hasn't been. And also how much of an ass he will or will not be. The fact that it is a relevant discussion at all is grounds enough for me to say " no thankyou." I support a team that has won 3 sb's and yes I do want more , but not at the expense of compromising other important standards. One team wins the sb each year. I waited 25 years for my first. I support my team b/c of much more than winning or losing. Sports teachs us / our kids alot. I don't need the Randy Moss message of ' don't work hard, don't maximize your potential, whine if things don't go your way, think you are better than everyone b/c you have unique talents, etc.'

I prefer the message we have always sent out of NE. How you play and that you come to play every game and support your teamates regardless is what is important.

I don't by the Dillon comparisons. Dillon never quit on any Bengal team and he had no issues like running women over. Dillon proved to be a true competitor and surely not the perfect teamate. He left this year b/c he still has the ego that is part of being a great back, he wants to be the man and can't stomach being #2. Dillon is no Troy Brown, willing to due what ever the team needs regardless of personal glory. Few are.

I don't need a team full of boy scouts, we have our share of line crossers I know, but Moss is the poster boy for the new era of prima donnas.

What's next ? YOu guys gonna support bringing in Pacman next year if Asante walks ?

Winning is not everything.

Comment

Thank God Moss is out of that black hole called the Oakland Raiders. Moss didn't hold the Raiders back, the Raiders held Moss back. I wouldn't be a model citizen, either, in as dysfunctional an organization as Oakland. With bed & breakfast offensive coordinator calling plays. With Al Davis hiring a 15 year old head coach. What a joke.

Moss in New England. Wow. This is gonna be good.
              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

If I was Moss I woulda quit too. He was on pace to break every receiving record imaginable and then has to play for the most idiotic coaching staff assembled in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti View Post
                  He will not make the pro bowl. Sorry, he gets double coverage and he's not good enough (or doesent have the will) to go and get that ball. Better hope you dont lose a few games in a row, or hes falling right off the wagon. Better get him the ball or hes bitching. Have fun
                  I think he will get the ball plenty of times (even though we love to spread it around), and hopefully he makes the most of it. the point is he really never had a solid QB throwing to him in Oakland, and it looks like he will have a great QB this year. His talent added to a strong cast around him should lead to good things for Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti View Post
                    A has-been
                    yeah...what about that 4.29 40?
                    Still has it, it would seem.

He just didn't enjoy playing for the worst team in the league....by far the worst...

Comment

The one advantage New England has is depth at the WR position. If Randy Moss half-asses it with the Patriots then they can slide him down the depth chart. The Raiders didn't have that option. I can't see him 'holding the Pats back' for very long. If he comes in and is not productive you'll see a lot more Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth. This is a low risk, high reward move for the Patriots. Tom Brady and co. have won Super Bowls with receivers that aren't as good as Randy Moss.

Comment

Dear Randy,

Break a leg, literally.

Love,

sarf

Comment

He still has speed, he just doesn't enjoy playing for garbage...aka Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Keakathin View Post
                            If I was Moss I woulda quit too. He was on pace to break every receiving record imaginable and then has to play for the most idiotic coaching staff assembled in NFL history.
                            LOL. The best part of watching them weekly was when something would go horribly wrong. They would pan over to Art Shell. He always carried around this clipboard and he would write things down.

I would love to see what he wrote. Something like:

'Remember to ask OC what went wrong.'
                            'Hmmm, that worked back in the 70's.'
                            'Note to self, self....you really suck.'
                            'I'll try that one again next week.'

Feel free to add to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                              LOL. The best part of watching them weekly was when something would go horribly wrong. They would pan over to Art Shell. He always carried around this clipboard and he would write things down.

I would love to see what he wrote. Something like:

'Remember to ask OC what went wrong.'
                              'Hmmm, that worked back in the 70's.'
                              'Note to self, self....you really suck.'
                              'I'll try that one again next week.'

Feel free to add to this one.
                              'Can't show weakness. Must make same face throughout entire game'

Comment

haha. The first thing I thought of when I saw that poem was analyzing it. I looked at the rhyme scheme and all that. I like the internal rhyme but you had that one slant rhyme right after. Good poem. Stupid English Class.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information