No announcement yet.

Giants Move Kiwanuka to LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I don't see the 3-4 happening, our LBs are not good enough to dominate the field and we don't have the kind of linemen for 3-4, the system we have right now suits us the best.

Comment

I think it's a great move. He has the speed to stay with RBs and TEs in coverage and the strength to jam them at the line. Plus with his height there will be a lot of deflected passes

Comment

Well when they picked him I was having a hard time figuring out what theyre gonna do with him with Strahan, Umenyiora and Tuck at DE. So I guess this makes sense as long as Kiwi can make the transition.

Comment

well i think this will be a great move for the giants... they have no playmakers in their linebacking core.. and he is an athletic player.. he dropped back into coverage a fair amount last season and looked great at it, if one of the defensive ends goes down i could see him being slid down to take the place until the injury is healed, besides he is a smart guy i dont think it will be any problem for him to learn

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Good planning?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
              well i think this will be a great move for the giants... they have no playmakers in their linebacking core.. and he is an athletic player.. he dropped back into coverage a fair amount last season and looked great at it, if one of the defensive ends goes down i could see him being slid down to take the place until the injury is healed, besides he is a smart guy i dont think it will be any problem for him to learn

Antonio Pierce is not a play maker?

Comment

Kawika Mitchell is also a solid starter, so I do not know why he would drastically underrate the G-men's LB core like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                  Originally posted by Damix View Post
                  Antonio Pierce is not a play maker?
                  sorry... 1 playmaker out of 3, or are they changing to a 3-4? cause then they would have 1 playmaker out of 4 spots... winning combo

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I don't think it's that unrealistic. The Steelers won't be running the 3-4 past this coming season (allegedly), and while Hampton would a be a perfectly fine 4-3 NT, he wouldn't hold the same value to Pittsburgh that he did before.

As for the rest, I'm not sure I know the Giants well enough to say how they'd handle a 3-4 switch, but it at least appears like they have the linebackers to pull it off.
                    there's been no talk whatsoever of the steelers switching to a 4-3 anytime soon and LeBeau has said in numerous interviews that he is writing up tons of new plays for THIS defense and doesn't plan on retiring after the season. I think that he's going to help install a new hybrid D that is still a 3-4 base in the next couple seasons and then when he retires, Keith Butler the LB coach who has been with the team for awhile will take the job and continue the defense. Anyway, if by some twist we did switch to a 4-3, Casey wouild be fine if not dominating because he is athletic and will still require double teams because he will bull rush any single blocker right in to the backfield.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

He was once considered by most Bucs fans the heir apparent pass rusher in Tampa. Now look where he is. I wish him luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                        He was once considered by most Bucs fans the heir apparent pass rusher in Tampa. Now look where he is. I wish him luck though.

Who are you talking about?

Comment

Yeah, Tom Coughlin, enjoy your last season as head coach in the NFL.

Comment

Coughlin will likely be gone as HC, but it won't be because of Kiwanuka. His game management and player-relations skills will be his downfall.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

DE Michael Strahan on Coughlin: "I think Coach just has an easier demeanor about him. When you look at him, you don't get tense. Before he just was a very intense fellow and now his demeanor seems to be a lot easier. You understand what he wants and you're going to hustle and fly around, but you look at him and you feel like you can go talk to him. Guys enjoy playing for him. I couldn't always say that, but now guys enjoy playing for him."
                              Hopefully that continues all year round.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

not a big fan of Coughlin, but he has made the playoffs 2 years in a row. granted he lost both times in the 1st round, but the 1st year was sheer garbage play by everyone on the team and last year was because our D couldnt stop anyone late in the game.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information