No announcement yet.

My 2007 NFL Draft Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I echo BBD's concerns about intangibles between Russell and Quinn. There's no doubt that Russell has the superior physical tools, but I don't see "it" in him like I do with Quinn. And given the choice, I'll take Quinn's decision-making as well.

That's not to say that I think Russell is an absolute bust and a waste of a pick, anything like that, but I think the potential is there. Just like the potential is there to be a great quarterback.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Let's just say that both have the potential to get things done, but there are questions about protection, offensive design, and weapons to throw to on both sides. I think the success for each QB will come down to hard work, coaching, and luck. I like both for different reasons. I see no reason why both cannot be successful in the NFL.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I don't like Brady Quinn. I think he is just another media darling, whose actual abilities have been inflated by perception. Just like Joey "Heisman" Harrington, Eli Manning, Matt Leinart. That doesn't mean he will be bad, but I agree with the Dolphins, I don't think he's a "franchise" QB.

Comment

Mind you, the same Dolphins franchise that chose Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees. The same Dolphins franchise that hasn't hit on a great quarterback in years despite numerous attempts.
          Last edited by Geo; 05-01-2007, 01:52 PM.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

That was the Saban coaching staff. I'm pretty sure Cam Cameron would have chosen Drew Brees...

Comment

I'll take the guy I can rely on to make the right read over the guy who can throw it deep any day. Thats why I personally have Beck rated ahead of Russell, but whatever.

So far Ive been wrong about Vince Young, although Im still not sold on him as a passer.

Only time will tell. I hate the qb position anyway. If I were ever a coach, Id try to minimize its necessity as much as possible, by building around defense and the run game. As long as I have a guy that can make smart decisions for me, thats good enough.

Comment

I don't think it's a coincidence that a thread this intelligent and respectful has almost no mention of the Dallas Cowboys. Just wanted to point that out.

Comment

This is mostly a Quinn vs. Russell thread. I'm not sure why the LSU and Notre Dame homers haven't really come out in force to wreck it. I feel like college team homers are often much worse than NFL team homers. Weird...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Let's start up another comparison. Levi Brown vs Joe Thomas.

Discuss.....:)

Comment

Levi Brown was reach at #5. A considerable one in my mind too. Levi made a bunch of extra money by the Cardinals being so desperate for Oline help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        I don't think it's a coincidence that a thread this intelligent and respectful has almost no mention of the Dallas Cowboys. Just wanted to point that out.
                        Hey! I did pick Spencer as my D.R.O.T.Y

Comment

I think that Thomas has a better all-around game, and he should do well protecting Quinn's blind side. You could argue that Levi Brown was a reach for Arizona at #5 overall, but he filled one of their top needs. Both guys are massive and started 3 years in the Big 10. Both guys move well and seem to work hard. Both should start from Day 1. Brown will likely start at RT and protect Leinert's blind side.

I like Thomas better because he's nastier. I see him as the guy who just kicks arse all day and enjoys contact. I think Levi Brown will keep up because he will be excellently coached by Grimm, but Thomas should have the easier transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Hey! I did pick Spencer as my D.R.O.T.Y
                            I think Spencer is going to bust big time. His game just doesn't translate to the NFL for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I'll take the guy I can rely on to make the right read over the guy who can throw it deep any day. Thats why I personally have Beck rated ahead of Russell, but whatever.
                              Russell, as you've already mentioned, played in a pro style offense and completed 68% of his passes in the SEC. Hardly just throwing it deep, but I digress.

Comment

i think we could all agree that, after Ross, Ramzee Robinson was the best CB in the draft :)
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information