Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Turner playing for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JK17 View Post
    ...


    If you think AJ isn't a man of his word when it comes to that, see the Donnie Edwards situation of last year. AJ set a deadline for a third to be offered. The Saints missed the deadline by one day and AJ wouldn't trade him. He's big on deadlines, also see what happened with Gates threatened holdout in 05...cost him the Dallas game.

    Plus, most of the teams who would be interested in Turner already addressed RB on draft day.

    still tho if an interesting enough trade came to a.j. it would be hard not to pass up on it. the only problem is the chargers accepted, sproles would likely be the backup and that is not a situation that i would personally like as of now.
    ]

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by snobdmat View Post
      still tho if an interesting enough trade came to a.j. it would be hard not to pass up on it. the only problem is the chargers accepted, sproles would likely be the backup and that is not a situation that i would personally like as of now.
      Oh yeah if a trade offer came along it may warrant consideration, but there's two things we have to consider there. The first is who the trading partner would be, and why they would have waited this long to get the deal done, aside from maybe lowering Turner's price. I would think if they were going to be gambling on Turner, they wouldn't want to risk AJ closing down discussion completely.

      Also, would it be worth it, say going into the season, after chemistry starts building up, and roles are being defined, to just get rid of a valuable weapon like Turner...AJ needs a Super Bowl win soon and we're in the middle of our window right now to get one. I don't know how willing or happy I would be to see something disrupt that once training camps, and preseason rolls around.

      Comment


      • #18
        thats why the deal would need to be very lucrative to give up a coveted backup
        ]

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
          he might not get as big of a contract next year. he will be a year older, teams with needs at rb have addressed it somewhat through the draft, and next years draft is loaded with top rb talent.
          Yeah, but last year and this year FA backs still got big dollars despite those teams being in position to draft a good player.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
            he might not get as big of a contract next year. he will be a year older, teams with needs at rb have addressed it somewhat through the draft, and next years draft is loaded with top rb talent.
            He'll only be a year older and will only have about 100 more carries on his body.

            Turner at 26 is miles away from Larry Johnson at 26.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
              He'll only be a year older and will only have about 100 more carries on his body.

              Turner at 26 is miles away from Larry Johnson at 26.
              Yeah, I mean not going to get in a debate over whether Turner is a quality starter or not, but if you're getting him you are set at Running back for at least six years, which is just about all you can ask for out of a free agent RB.

              Comment


              • #22
                who cares as long as LT is there thats Oakland's main problem.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information