• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vernon Davis' last five games of the year, when he got healthy;

14 catches
    217 yards
    15.5 YPC
    2 Touchdowns

Alex Smith even missed him wide open, for a 'what would've been' a long TD. Rookie Tight Ends have a history of slow rookie seasons, followed by exponential improvement in their sophomore season. Tony Gonzalez, Todd Heap, Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe, just for a few examples. Also, San Francisco has added just enough receiver help to open up defenses, while ceding to Vernon Davis as the primary option. Alex Smith will only improve his accuracy.

I am expecting 800 yards, 6-8 touchdowns for Vernon Davis this year.

Comment

DeeeeeAngelo Williams.

And Brodrick Bunkley

Comment

Jay Cutler
        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

AJ Hawk, nuff said.

Comment

DeAngelo williams in a ZBS is going to be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Mike Walker will emerge as the Jaguars' best receiver.

Reggie Nelson will become god.
              I had him pegged as my number 9 receiver thisyears draft. i love that guy.

Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Steve Atwater and Ed Reed in one D-backfield.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Defense... Anthony Smith...

Started 4 Games

15 tackles
                2 Interceptions
                6 Passes Defended
                Killed JR Reid in Pre-season (Wish I had a video of that hit... it should've been Illegal)

Had the #5 overall "Biggest Hit of 2006" on the NFL Network... On TJ Houshmazilly.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

14 catches
                  217 yards
                  15.5 YPC
                  2 Touchdowns

Alex Smith even missed him wide open, for a 'what would've been' a long TD. Rookie Tight Ends have a history of slow rookie seasons, followed by exponential improvement in their sophomore season. Tony Gonzalez, Todd Heap, Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe, just for a few examples. Also, San Francisco has added just enough receiver help to open up defenses, while ceding to Vernon Davis as the primary option. Alex Smith will only improve his accuracy.

Shiver, what are your thoughts on Manny Lawson?

And my picks

Deangelo Williams

Michael Huff

Brandon Marshall
                  Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 05-02-2007, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Mario Williams is going to make a lot of people shut their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      Shiver, what are your thoughts on Manny Lawson?
                      I was never big on Manny Lawson. But mainly due to the fact that the whole board was enamored with him, and I wasn't. Still, I like what Nolan is doing with that Linebacker corp.

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                      Mario Williams is going to make a lot of people shut their mouths.
                      I concur wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

14 catches
                        217 yards
                        15.5 YPC
                        2 Touchdowns

I'm not entirely sure I agree. Davis managed to post some decent number towards the end of last year, but often times he looked completely lost in the passing game. He's more than a bit stiff in his movements, his route running needs a lot of work, and he is far from natural catching the ball.

He seems like a remarkably coachable kid, so I'm not exactly worried, but I think he has huge strides to make in the passing game.

As my required homer pick, I think Huff is going to impress some people next year. If the run defense can force teams to throw the ball more, Huff is bound to get some more shots at picks than he did last year. I don't think I've ever seen a young safety be more impressive in man coverage than Huff was last year though.

Comment

Yeah, Davis looked bad in his first couple of games. He showed improvement at the end of the year. I think another year under his belt will cure any slight hiccups in his game. As I mentioned, it is well known that rookie Tight Ends struggle as rookies. Even the great ones.

Comment

Chad Greenway & Tavaris Jackson... Laurence Maroney had a good year last year but i say he this year gets 1300+ and 15tds

Comment

Domata Peko, nad Jonathon Joseph. for the bengals

look for Bush to get more rushing yards, mario to get more sacks. people like tavaris jackson have a chance to make a splash too.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                              who dey?

Comment

I'm going to say a couple of guys. Matt Lineart, Reggie Bush, Thomas Howard, and D Brick will all have an outstanding second year.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information