No announcement yet.

Compiled Draft Grades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Browns draft can legitimately be called the be the best draft of any team. They got 3 excellent players. The only downside to the great draft they had is how it will impact on next years draft which will be nowhere near as good.

On another note, 3.2 ain't too bad.

Comment

once again the colts get abused in by the draft 'experts' and once agian i expect the colts to have one of the highest rates of draft picks making the 52 and contributing. honestly these thigns need to be ignored because they are heavily skewed towards teams picking at the top of the draft and those that make the flashy picks while teams that pick players that suite their system get the poorer grades. seriously the late flashy picks are there for a reason, these GM's know what they are doing and more often then not the players that fall heavily usually dont turn out

Comment

I agree with the Saints grade. I think we could have and should have done a lot better.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

just remeber c's get degrees

Comment

Yeah, I really don't see how, at this point in time- when all top prospects have equal chance of becoming stars; that overpaying greatly for Brady Quinn makes the Browns draft better than any team who got their guys without mortgaging their future. I mean, why in the hell is everybody so much more sure about Brady Quinn's chances of success than anyone else's? The answer is hype, and the fact that Brady Quinn was the story of the day. Well, news flash everybody- The fact that he slid that far is a negative. There were no character concerns. No injuries to be wary of. Teams passed on him because they questioned his actual ability as a NFL QB. And yet he is the biggest coup of the draft? WTF? Why aren't people giving credit to Jerry Jones for pulling off the biggest heist of the weekend?

Of course the Browns draft looks the best to the untrained eye. Most casual fans will look and see that they got 2 big names in the first round. Seems odd though, not to hold them accountable for exactly how they went about obtaining the Quinn pick. They earn a D for now. If Quinn works out, then we can hand out grades at that time. But since there are no results to analyze yet, and we're grading the draft itself here, they get a D. All these first round guys have the potential to be great. And statistically, Quinn and Russell are among the most likely to bust. So again, what exactly is so great about spending a high 1st and a high 2nd for a guy with high bust potential, that others didn't even want? How did so many people get this so backwards in their heads? Yeah. HYPE. Quinn could end up being HOF for all we know. Just like Revis or Willis could. But he's just another prospect at this point. Just like Revis and Willis. Would we be praising the Bucs if they had traded their 1st next year and #35 this year to move up to #21 and take Reggie Nelson? Umm. No. They would be hated by their fans and laughed at by everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
              Yeah, I really don't see how, at this point in time- when all top prospects have equal chance of becoming stars; that overpaying greatly for Brady Quinn makes the Browns draft better than any team who got their guys without mortgaging their future. I mean, why in the hell is everybody so much more sure about Brady Quinn's chances of success than anyone else's? The answer is hype, and the fact that Brady Quinn was the story of the day. Well, news flash everybody- The fact that he slid that far is a negative. There were no character concerns. No injuries to be wary of. Teams passed on him because they questioned his actual ability as a NFL QB. And yet he is the biggest coup of the draft? WTF? Why aren't people giving credit to Jerry Jones for pulling off the biggest heist of the weekend?

Of course the Browns draft looks the best to the untrained eye. Most casual fans will look and see that they got 2 big names in the first round. Seems odd though, not to hold them accountable for exactly how they went about obtaining the Quinn pick. They earn a D for now. If Quinn works out, then we can hand out grades at that time. But since there are no results to analyze yet, and we're grading the draft itself here, they get a D. All these first round guys have the potential to be great. And statistically, Quinn and Russell are among the most likely to bust. So again, what exactly is so great about spending a high 1st and a high 2nd for a guy with high bust potential, that others didn't even want? How did so many people get this so backwards in their heads? Yeah. HYPE. Quinn could end up being HOF for all we know. Just like Revis or Willis could. But he's just another prospect at this point. Just like Revis and Willis. Would we be praising the Bucs if they had traded their 1st next year and #35 this year to move up to #21 and take Reggie Nelson? Umm. No. They would be hated by their fans and laughed at by everybody else.
              exactly what i was trying to say, just smarterised

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                I think the Browns draft can legitimately be called the be the best draft of any team. They got 3 excellent players. The only downside to the great draft they had is how it will impact on next years draft which will be nowhere near as good.

On another note, 3.2 ain't too bad.
                They do have a first round pick for next year, though. It's Brady Quinn. They're just getting him a year early. Even if the pick turns out to be a top 5 or 10 pick, that's still what Quinn's value would be after a year of experience.

Comment

3.2!

Pete Prisco is a prick though....

Comment

That's dumb Redskins were not worse, sure we should get graded bad for not having our picks, but the picks we did have were all excellent. LaRon Landry in the first, Dallas Sartz in the 5th, HB Blades in the 6th, and Jordan Palmer in the 5th.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMasterG View Post
                      these have to be wrong my eagles got kevin kolb the best quarterback in the draft we should have got a 4.0
                      Yes, let's listen to the d-bag with the Eagles sig that also says "Go Cowboys"...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I really have no idea how any analysts really gave the Eagles over a B- on the face of the draft. They didn't get a lot of top talent, and they didn't draft a real safety to replace Dawkins. They didn't do what the traditionalists wanted them to do. Mind boggling...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I actually like what the Eagles did. More so than the Cowboys. Sure maybe the Cowboys addressed certain positions better, but I don't like the talent of the guys thry got. While you might not like that the Eagles didn't grab a safety, the overall talent of who was picked up by them, I feel is pretty damn good.

Comment

I feel like they got some decent quality at positions where they had some gaps, but I would have liked to see more immediate impact-type players. Bradley could be that guy, as could Abriamiri. I think the entire situation changed when the Titans took Griffin and guaranteed that there wouldn't be an impact safety available for the team at #26. That being said, I was fine with letting Dallas take Spencer (who the team couldn't draft) in exchange for Kolb, Abiamiri, and a CB/safety 'tweener.

Comment

No Rick Gosselin included in the line up? I thought he was considered a top quality draft expert?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3827e9f.html

And no, I don't bring him up just because he happened to give the Titans an 'A' ;)

Comment

3.0 for the Lions, not bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information