Compiled Draft Grades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
    That's dumb Redskins were not worse, sure we should get graded bad for not having our picks, but the picks we did have were all excellent. LaRon Landry in the first, Dallas Sartz in the 5th, HB Blades in the 6th, and Jordan Palmer in the 5th.
    Yeah, but they also failed to address the defensive line..

Comment

Prisco said the Steelers' most questionable pick was Sepulveda in the 4th because, "He's a punter guys."

This guy clearly doesn't realize how bad Gardocki was last year. There's nothing wrong with drafting a day one starter in the 4th round that will consistently help with field position. People take punt returners much earlier, the Dolphins took one in the top 10...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I feel like they got some decent quality at positions where they had some gaps, but I would have liked to see more immediate impact-type players. Bradley could be that guy, as could Abriamiri. I think the entire situation changed when the Titans took Griffin and guaranteed that there wouldn't be an impact safety available for the team at #26. That being said, I was fine with letting Dallas take Spencer (who the team couldn't draft) in exchange for Kolb, Abiamiri, and a CB/safety 'tweener.
        I think Abiamiri is potentially better than Spencer anyway, and am quite shocked everyone is picking Spencer to be DROY.

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
          Yeah, but they also failed to address the defensive line..
          Bingo. DL wins more football games than safeties do. Picking a safety in the top 8, 2 out of the last 4 years is quite ridiculous. Its a typical flashy Snyder room. Safeties are flashy because they play in such space.

Comment

I think Abiamiri could be fantastic for the Eagles if he can be coached properly.

Who is picking Spencer? The Cowboys homers? I actually think Spencer's role will be very small. I don't see his role adding up to enough to overcome a top CB or an effective MLB.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Go to the OROY and DROY thread. Quite a few people are picking him to win DROY. Not just Cowboy fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                I think Abiamiri is potentially better than Spencer anyway, and am quite shocked everyone is picking Spencer to be DROY.
                Abriamiri reminds me of Charles Haley, without the mean streak.

If he can play tougher, this kid could be really good. The physical tools are there, he just needs to harnish them better.

In a pure 4-3 (not 3-4 or Cover 2), Abriamiri is the better prospect of the two.

I think they got their Kearse replacement, which was much needed with his constant injuries.

The only questionable pick to me was Kolb. Theyve won games with Feeley before, Reid has a great system that allows for success with nobodies at qb. They didnt need a round 2 qb, not now.

They were better off getting the best available WR. Or even Eric Weddle, who Ive been huge on, and I think he's underappreciated in this deep Safety class.

Comment

Bingo. DL wins more football games than safeties do. Picking a safety in the top 8, 2 out of the last 4 years is quite ridiculous. Its a typical flashy Snyder room. Safeties are flashy because they play in such space.
                  The Redskins lost out because they didn't trade out of the #6 pick before the draft. They needed to move out well in advance of the draft to guarantee themselves more picks and more value in the middle of the first. They should never have been counting on Miami to trade up for Quinn. Now, given their situation, they took the best defensive player on the board and got decent value. I can't knock them for taking Landry, but I can knock them for being in that situation in the first place.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Even being stuck at 6, taking Okoye would have been better in my opinion.

Comment

Even being stuck at 6, taking Okoye would have been better in my opinion.
                      I agree, you can make a case for Andersen as well.

What they fail to realize is that having top 6 money invested in both safety positions almost guarantees that they won't be able to resign both of them longterm. Unless they take major cap hits in other areas of the team, which is stupid.

Within 4 years, one of the 2 will be gone. Maybe even sooner than that.

Comment

Seahawks get 1.6, second lowest.

Sounds about right.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                        Originally posted by yodachu
                        Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

lol, i just lost all respect for Sporting News. I usually purchase a magazine of theirs for FF, but will no longer be giving my money to those bozos

Someone the Vikes, who had one of the top 3 drafts in the entire NFL, got a B- while hte Packers, who had one of the worst drafts in the entire NFL, got an A. The Vikes got the worst grade out of the entire NFC North, what a JOKE!

lol, what a bunch of clowns, hopefully ESPN removes them off of their compilation list for next year, obviously those guys are clueless packer fans or something....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I agree, you can make a case for Andersen as well.

What they fail to realize is that having top 6 money invested in both safety positions almost guarantees that they won't be able to resign both of them longterm. Unless they take major cap hits in other areas of the team, which is stupid.

Within 4 years, one of the 2 will be gone. Maybe even sooner than that.
                            That or they will have both of them on their team and because of it money still won't be put into their front 7 and more importantly front 4.

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                              Prisco said the Steelers' most questionable pick was Sepulveda in the 4th because, "He's a punter guys."

This guy clearly doesn't realize how bad Gardocki was last year. There's nothing wrong with drafting a day one starter in the 4th round that will consistently help with field position. People take punt returners much earlier, the Dolphins took one in the top 10...
                              prisco is an idiot, i bet you could go to a random elementary school and ask a 3rd grade disable girl a question about football and get a more logical answer

lord knows why prisco still has a job, i hate the fact that such an idiot can get paid to do such a terrible job

Comment

Yes, field position has no bearing at all on a game... Punters can be underrated players. Ask a Giants fan how critical Feagles is to their success.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information