Are the Patriots getting desperate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Alright, I won't get into the lolinternetswar(as much as I want to) but I will say this; every team is desperate. Every team will do whatever they think gives them the best shot at winning. And if they don't, they really aren't doing their jobs.
    Dude your sig quote is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Jets future should have his nuts stapled to his face.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Dude your sig quote is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Jets future should have his nuts stapled to his face.
      While we're off-topic...

I like the idea of hall-of-famers with their own link color, but that yellow is WAAAAAYYYY too bright.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        While we're off-topic...

I like the idea of hall-of-famers with their own link color, but that yellow is WAAAAAYYYY too bright.
        Is that what that is? I was really confused why my name was yellow. Oh well..

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If Moss or stallworth get more than 50 receptions each then i guess they make out in the deal.

but dont count on it.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            He goes on to say in that same conversation that he should be the winner of the "Greatest philosipher award." award. It was an awesome exchange.
            Anyway...on topic...
            I defiantly agree with Jay, but I'll admit to being biased.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The only problem I see with what the Patriots are doing is the potential locker room problems. No not from the characters of the player they acquire, but from the amount. I mean I feel they overpaid for Wes Walker when they could have spent it on Deion Branch. It's one thing to overpay a player on your own team, it's something else entirely to do for someone else. It can cause your own players to feel angry and upset about being paid so cheaply. I think it already started to rear its ugly head with the comments Asante Samuel made earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                The only problem I see with what the Patriots are doing is the potential locker room problems. No not from the characters of the player they acquire, but from the amount. I mean I feel they overpaid for Wes Walker when they could have spent it on Deion Branch. It's one thing to overpay a player on your own team, it's something else entirely to do for someone else. It can cause your own players to feel angry and upset about being paid so cheaply. I think it already started to rear its ugly head with the comments Asante Samuel made earlier this year.
                Agreed. What are the Pats going to do when/if Samuel holds out? Switch Randy Moss to DB?

Comment

I'd say adding Tory James and Brandon Meriweather addresses that. What are the Jets going to do if Jonathan Vilma sneezes hard and falls off a boat and the Loch Ness Monster eats him? You know, hypothetically...

Comment

Dynasty nearing end.

There dynasty is beginning to close. New teams are rising -New Orleans, Arizona, Niners, Chicago. Tom Brady is getting old but still the best behind Montana. He just needs veteran,elite, and skilled supporting cast to continue there dynasty maybe for the next 5years then it will be down hill from there.
                    Niners might starting another one again. Niners has an excellent coach-totally competent, excellent team president and scouting, owner willing to spend.
                    Niners in control of salary cap now.The future for the niners looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Montana View Post
                      There dynasty is beginning to close. New teams are rising -New Orleans, Arizona, Niners, Chicago. Tom Brady is getting old but still the best behind Montana. He just needs veteran,elite, and skilled supporting cast to continue there dynasty maybe for the next 5years then it will be down hill from there.
                      Niners might starting another one again. Niners has an excellent coach-totally competent, excellent team president and scouting, owner willing to spend.
                      Niners in control of salary cap now.The future for the niners looks amazing.
                      Dynast may be ending but there are better examples of teams to use then Arizona and the Niners...

Comment

I would have to say the Patriots are going to be unstopable and better this year than last year. I'm picking them for the SB champs.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          I'd say adding Tory James and Brandon Meriweather addresses that. What are the Jets going to do if Jonathan Vilma sneezes hard and falls off a boat and the Loch Ness Monster eats him? You know, hypothetically...
                          The liklihood of Asante Samuel holding out is much greater than the liklihood that Jonathan Vilma sneezes hard and falls off a boat and is eaten by the Loch Ness Monster.

Comment

Thank you captain obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              Adding an old cornerback who's best days are behind him and a rookie safety that could or could not succeed in the NFL doesn't solve anything. I usually agree with the Pat's decision but that's usually because the people they let go were over the hill, while Asante Samuel is just getting into his prime at a position that is very important.
                              Your chances of making it to the super bowl would become much more difficult if you lose Samuel. Heck, if anything this offseason could start a chain of events when you want to extend other up and coming players from your team, and you can't because they want even more money. It could very well become a domino effect since the Pats diverged from their winning formula. Look what it did to the Eagles. Giving huge payday checks to big name FA aren't the key to become competitive year in and year out like you and the Eagles have proven in the past.

Comment

Would you say Tory James is better than Ray Mickens? Would you say Brandon Meriweather is better than Artrell Hawkins? That's all we need. And they are. Asante will be fine. I am not remotely worried. He is one out of 22 starters. The whole team isn't going to fall apart because of Asante Samuel.

Our offense is set up to be as high powered an offense as there is in the league. Anyone who is legitimately trying to argue that the Patriots offense should not be lethal is absolutely insane.

And again, I CHALLENGE ANYONE to listen to those interviews from the men who actually established "the Patriots philosophy/winning formula" and tell them they are wrong about what that "philosophy/formula" is. I don't want to hear lectures from outsiders who think they know and want to tell me what the "the Patriots philosophy/winning formula" is. I live, eat and breathe this team. I've been here through the whole thing. I think I'm more qualified to make that assessment. Clearly, anyone who thinks the Patriots are doing anything different here is completely misinformed...
                                Last edited by Jay; 05-02-2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information