Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthers release Keyshawn Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/105900.html

    Charlotte Observer reporting it = truth


    Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
    Titty sprinkles

    Comment


    • #32
      I would consider this guy for the Gmen.

      Contrary to popular belief, Keyshawn is an underrated and underappreciated player. He's not a 1, maybe not a 2 anymore, but he's a solid 3 slot receiver. Especially in a WCO.

      He's a great blocker, great competitor, goes over the middle like nobody's business. He wouldve mentored Jarrett.

      Big mistake. If we didn't get Smith, I wouldve looked into him. Keyshawn has been underappreciated his whole career.

      If I were Jacksonville, Id look into him.

      Comment


      • #33
        True, saw it on espnews..

        Comment


        • #34
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2855468

          espn for ya.

          Hitman D

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I would consider this guy for the Gmen.

            Contrary to popular belief, Keyshawn is an underrated and underappreciated player. He's not a 1, maybe not a 2 anymore, but he's a solid 3 slot receiver. Especially in a WCO.

            He's a great blocker, great competitor, goes over the middle like nobody's business. He wouldve mentored Jarrett.

            Big mistake. If we didn't get Smith, I wouldve looked into him. Keyshawn has been underappreciated his whole career.

            If I were Jacksonville, Id look into him.
            Everything you just said is right on it. Everybody just likes to hate on Keyshawn because he's Keyshawn. He won't make the HOF because he's Keyshawn. That's messed up but true. I'm glad somebody realizes and understands what Keyshawn does and how hard he works.

            Comment


            • #36
              It wouldn't be the worst move by the Giants. Accorsi couldn't get it through his skull that top-flight talent doesn't mean **** if a young quarterback can't count on a receiver on every play - hence why the Steelers gladly let Burress walk although he made the most plays with Roethlisberger - but Reese seems more sensible. His pick of Steve Smith in the 2nd round was a good example of that.
              Last edited by Geo; 05-01-2007, 02:33 PM.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

              Comment


              • #37
                Good. Another selfish locker room cancer waived.

                And Meshawn ain't going into the Hall of Fame either.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  WOW that is crazy he was talking on draft day how he wanted to take DJ under his wing I guess that won't happen now lol.
                  LOL!!!!!!!! That was the only thing I was thinking about when I heard this. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Yeah that sucks to have it all swept out from under him, Panthers will probably regret it Jarret doesn't pan out. Welcome to ESPN Key.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

                    Bosanac01

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      He'll be good for 800 receiving yards wherever he ends up. Very odd that the Panthers would let him go considering the problems they've had on 3rd down.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Wow,that's great. LMAO

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          He needs to go to a WCO to maximize his production. I like him in GB, as a checkdown for Favre.

                          He's not nearly the lockerroom cancer people make him out to be.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Johnson isn't that good anyhow. Just a bunch of money for a mediocre possession receiver. Jarrett is gonna be good, he's younger and takes over Keyshawn's role, and has a lot more potential at this point.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              He needs to go to a WCO to maximize his production. I like him in GB, as a checkdown for Favre.

                              He's not nearly the lockerroom cancer people make him out to be.
                              I'd actually like that, but we have too many WRs as is. I don't know if TT would make an extra cut to bring him in.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                Johnson isn't that good anyhow. Just a bunch of money for a mediocre possession receiver. Jarrett is gonna be good, he's younger and takes over Keyshawn's role, and has a lot more potential at this point.
                                If Jarrett had a career even close to that of Keyshawn's he would be heralded as a great success.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information