Tampa Bay trades for Ryan Sims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
    WHAT? Not one single productive draft...are you out of your ******* mind?

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Just be quiet, you probably can't even spell football.
    Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.

Comment

I think it's a worthy gamble for Tampa Bay. Ryan has talent. He was always overrated, but there's talent there. The likelihood was that someone would take a gamble on him if he got cut, there was no guarantee that Tampa Bay could get him. I'm sure they didn't give up much for him, and now they get him in and get to work with him early on. Definitely makes sense for KC, as they would've cut him.

Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.

Comment

Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
          Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.
          Solid bench warmer you mean. He should never sniff the starting line-up.
          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.

Comment

He's worth about a 7th in 2050.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post

Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.
                Finally someone else besides me and S2C that love our draft and Piscitelli and Jackson will most likely end up starting this season at Safety

Angels Record: 6-8

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                  WHAT? Not one single productive draft...are you out of your ******* mind?

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Just be quiet, you probably can't even spell football.
                  According to your philosophy you can combine players from three drafts into one good one. Try telling me we've had one individual draft that has been an overwhelming success. 2005 was pretty good, but time will tell how good.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                    Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.
                    Ruud has proven a lot more on the field than Trueblood, Smith and recent Clayton. Buenning played well as a rookie but injuries may hamper his future success.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

its about time we got rid of his lazy a$*

Comment

Originally posted by JCshutEmDown View Post
                        People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.
                        1995 was his rookie year so you really can't compare the two. This guy is entering his 6th year with a total of 5 sacks.
                        Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.
                          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                            Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.
                            Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.
                              How do you know? Justice hasn't played yet.
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                                How do you know? Justice hasn't played yet.
                                Can you read? Hence etk using the words "for now".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information