Best group of D-backs in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
    dude, please don't throw in the Jets yet, i don't wanna have a "Jets fans are clueless" type attack. We aren't even close to being in the Top Defensive Back group in the league discussion yet.
    Revis is a rookie, Dyson is solid but unspectacular and will be a good #2 if Revis can be that #1 (yet to be determined), Coleman is solid, and i love Kerry Rhodes and think he'll be a top saftey in this league, but all together, u'd be hard pressed to have me in my top 5 even, but if they get there next year, i will be one of the happiest people u'll see.

WE ARE NOT LIKE THE DALLAS FANS. PLEASE FORGIVE HIM!
    Did you even read my post. I said it was Denver or Baltimore. I was just talking about how the Jets are at least getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by McBain View Post
      I was under the impression Huff wasn't doing much of anything.

What is it, Washington, Asomuagha, Huff and who? Schwiegart?
      Huff wasn't making 'big plays' per say. Still as a rookie he played rather solid.

Comment

just wanted to make sure people didn't flame u, or Jet fans. i agree the Jets are on the right track, but that we can discuss in the Jets board in greater detail.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
          dude, please don't throw in the Jets yet, i don't wanna have a "Jets fans are clueless" type attack. We aren't even close to being in the Top Defensive Back group in the league discussion yet.
          Revis is a rookie, Dyson is solid but unspectacular and will be a good #2 if Revis can be that #1 (yet to be determined), Coleman is solid, and i love Kerry Rhodes and think he'll be a top saftey in this league, but all together, u'd be hard pressed to have me in my top 5 even, but if they get there next year, i will be one of the happiest people u'll see.

WE ARE NOT LIKE THE DALLAS FANS. PLEASE FORGIVE HIM!
          If by Dallas Fans you are talking about t-newfan41/Achilles33, please do not include the rest of us in that generalization. In fact there were a handful of us calling for CB in the first round. Aside from Newman and Williams, no one in the the secondary is considered a top tier player by any cowboy fans (at least i hope).

On the subject of williams, lets just say if he doesnt "earn" the pro-bowl this year, i think alot of us are going to start changing opinions on how great of a player we think he is.

Comment

Ravens right now, Reed is easily the best DB in this league, McCalister re-emerged as a shutdown CB, and then Rolle and Landry are very nice starters.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a couple years the Falcons have the best. Hall should continue to develop and the sky is the limit with him and I am a big fan of Houston, he is a potential shutdown CB and Jimmy Williams I think will make a very good FS. Milloy is still a solid SS but I expect they'll replace him soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
              Ravens right now, Reed is easily the best DB in this league, McCalister re-emerged as a shutdown CB, and then Rolle and Landry are very nice starters.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a couple years the Falcons have the best. Hall should continue to develop and the sky is the limit with him and I am a big fan of Houston, he is a potential shutdown CB and Jimmy Williams I think will make a very good FS. Milloy is still a solid SS but I expect they'll replace him soon.
              Heard of Champ Bailey? I hear he is pretty good.

Comment

Champ Bailey alone makes Denver the best, add Dre Bly, Domonique Foxworth & John Lynch(even if he isnt that good anymore)

& the Pat's secondary is kinda underated, Samuels, Harrison, Meriweather, James

Comment

Wot about the packers? They have woodson and harris at corner, depth is a little weak but they are very good, then at safeties they have collins who is a beast, and rouse could turn into a decent player too.
                  So without looking at depth they are pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Oakland, in my mind.
                    While I'd love to agree, I can't quite yet.

Asomugha has been very good for two straight years now, but Fabian still has a lot of room to grow. Chad Johnson was waxing poetic about the game the kid played against him last year last season, but he needs to pick his spots to take risks a little better. I love Huff and I think he's got a very bright future, but Schweigert is probably going to be replaced in the next few years if the team really wants to make an elite secondary.

It probably has more potential than any other in the league, but it has quite a bit of developing to do.

Comment

Packers aint even close to being the best group of D-backs... this is hands down Denver & Baltimore no one comes close to either of them yet

Comment

Baltimore.

Oakland maybe in a little while, but Baltimore's is just too good.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

just imagine if they still had champ....
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Panthers have the best corner back trio, we just need a decent safety

Comment

The Eagles are not the best, but they are certainly solid. They have the best FS in the game the last 7 years in Brian Dawkins, 2 Pro-Bowl CB's in Sheppard and Brown, and a servicable SS in Considine. There are some depth concerns, but the Eagles have been mass-producing nickel-CB's from late round picks and UDFA's for years now.

I think the Ravens are the best secondary right now, with Oakland, Philly, and Denver (in no particular order) running behind them. These are the top 4 teams, with Dallas running fifth, IMO.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                While I'd love to agree, I can't quite yet.

Asomugha has been very good for two straight years now, but Fabian still has a lot of room to grow. Chad Johnson was waxing poetic about the game the kid played against him last year last season, but he needs to pick his spots to take risks a little better. I love Huff and I think he's got a very bright future, but Schweigert is probably going to be replaced in the next few years if the team really wants to make an elite secondary.

It probably has more potential than any other in the league, but it has quite a bit of developing to do.
                                Not a lot of Raider fans like Schweigert but he was apart of the #1 pass defense in the NFL. I have not given up on him yet, it took Asomugha till he's 4th year to break out. Schweigert has gotten better in each season and I'm hoping he stays.

plus he's a good leader.
                                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information