No announcement yet.

Best group of D-backs in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravens No question, and their weakest link is not Dawan Landry it is Samari Rolle. I predict 3 from them in the pro bowl, C-Mac, EReed, and Dawan who will be huge this year. Skins defensive backfield so much improved since last year. As long as our corners can stay healthy we are golden and this year we actually have legit backups in Fred Smoot and David Macklin. At safety we have one of the best duo's backed by surprisingly great Vernon Fox, Pearson Prealiou who missed all of last year and Reed Doughty who has starting potential in the future elsewhere.

Of course Broncos have to be mentioned.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Might not have anything to do with this thread, but a lot last year packers fans were saying they have a great secondary/the best because they had a top ranked pass defense. Miami had a top 5 pass defense this year, and the DBs are the worst unit on the team (other than QB). Also the Packers had a bad run defense, so teams ran it all the time, Miami also had a 10 top rush defense, so anyone saying their team is the best because of the pass defense doesn't work.

As for the best secondary, I'd lean Baltimore, but it's hard to be a bad secondary when you get 60 sacks in one season.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

1.Baltimore
        2.Denver
        3.New England
        4.Chicago
        5.Falcons
        6.Titans (if they had Pacman)

Comment

Would I be crazy to think Atlanta will be considered up there, this time next year?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            are you kidding? it wouldn't even be a discussion? wow. i hope someone else already made you regret saying that.
            Well he did drop around 5 (maybe more) picks this season. Probably those yellow gloves he started wearing lol. Oh well, this season he's workin with Darrell Green and Deion Sanders. Two of the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Would I be crazy to think Atlanta will be considered up there, this time next year?
              No.

The lack of Jason Webster out there is addition by subtraction. He might have been worse than Tory James was last year.

Comment

Baltimore, because I mean just look at the starters

Chris Mcalsiter : Top 3 CB in the NFL

Ed Reed: Best Safety in the NFL

Dawan Landry: Up & Coming Starter who is going to be a Future Pro-Bowler

Samari Rolle: He might be the weak link in the group, but he still has skills, and besides once he's gone, we still have David Pittman (3rd Round Pick Last Year, who I'm really high on)

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

You guys are crazy, Baltimores DB's are so overrated its not even funny. Ed Reed sucks hes not even top 10 safety in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    You guys are crazy, Baltimores DB's are so overrated its not even funny. Ed Reed sucks hes not even top 10 safety in the league.
                    lol

tentantoo

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

also, denver has zero business in a best secondary conversation. john lynch is great in run support, but awful in pass defense, and nick ferguson could be replaced by a second grader with no discernable loss in production.
                      now thats a very honest assesment of denver. people really rank that group so high mainly because of how good champ is. while i think champ is flat out amazing, the safeties are lacking in pass coverage. im a big fan of lynch but run support is his strong suit.

while i am a baltimore fan, so i might be a bit of a homer, i think that baltimore is the best group as a whole. CMac and Ed Reed are both atleast in the top three for their respective positions and Dawan Landry and Rolle are both solid players. I really think that they also benifit greatly from a strong pass rush and a great defensive scheme(creates the pass rush).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Panthers have the best corner back trio, we just need a decent safety
                        Lucas/Marshall/Gamble over Vasher/Tillman/Manning Jr? No thanks.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                          I still think Denver's combo of Bailey/Bly/Foxworth beat out the Panthers.
                          Bailey and Bly are probably equal to Gamble and Lucas for the reason that Lucas and gamble are both better than Bly but bailey is the best of all. As for Nickels, Foxworth is good, very good. But Richard Marshall has no weaknesses in his game. He's a complete corner and excelled even as a rookie to be a top flight corner when asked to compete. Imagine how good he can be a year from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            Pass that ****.

Comment

are you kidding? it wouldn't even be a discussion? wow. i hope someone else already made you regret saying that.
                              nope. but please, feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                I would say so, personally. A lot would have to happen for that to be the case.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information