No announcement yet.

2007 will be the last year mcnabb is in an eagle uniform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think they'd necessarily welcome him as warmly and as quickly as you say. Following in the shoes of an all-time great is very difficult. I don't think Donnie would have as easy a time there as you think.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If the Eagles continue their playcalling as it was during the Garcia era, McNabb will be fine and may even play out his contract. The beating he takes as a result of passing 65-70% of the time is too much and is the main reason he gets hurt so much. Now that Reid realizes Westbrook is the best playmaker in this offense and Tony Hunt can between the tackles, we could see a consistent rushing attack from the Birds.

Comment

Trust me, most Packers fans are expecting Rodgers as their next QB so if we got McNabb people would love him.

You also have to remember that we've watched Favre set the interception record.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Theres also reports from ESPN that the eagles are no longer negotiating contracts with McNabb.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            If the Eagles continue their playcalling as it was during the Garcia era, McNabb will be fine and may even play out his contract. The beating he takes as a result of passing 65-70% of the time is too much and is the main reason he gets hurt so much. Now that Reid realizes Westbrook is the best playmaker in this offense and Tony Hunt can between the tackles, we could see a consistent rushing attack from the Birds.
            I agree on most points here. However, McNabb wasn't taking a ton of shots when he was throwing 65-70% of the time in 2006. The ACL tear occurred on a simple run out of bounds. The ACL was frayed and just snapped. It was a long time coming, I think. Regardless, using the run 45% of the time to set up the pass and to control the clock is a good strategy regardless. I think we'll see a 3-headed monster in 2007 with Westbrook, Tapeh, and Buckhalter/Hunt. It will be very interesting.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFootball View Post
              Theres also reports from ESPN that the eagles are no longer negotiating contracts with McNabb.
              What the heck does that mean? McNabb is signed through 2013. What kind of negotiations would the team be going through right now?

Comment

If he suffers another serious injury and Kolb impresses during practices, I would not be suprised.

But both of those would have to happen.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  I agree on most points here. However, McNabb wasn't taking a ton of shots when he was throwing 65-70% of the time in 2006. The ACL tear occurred on a simple run out of bounds. The ACL was frayed and just snapped. It was a long time coming, I think. Regardless, using the run 45% of the time to set up the pass and to control the clock is a good strategy regardless. I think we'll see a 3-headed monster in 2007 with Westbrook, Tapeh, and Buckhalter/Hunt. It will be very interesting.
                  He just looks real stiff out there, doesn't he?

He's so stiff, it just looks like he can snap something at any moment. His moves are robotic, he's not that flexible anymore, and he looks like he doesn't carry his weight as well as he used to. I think regardless of how many times he throws, durability will be a concern.

Of course, throwing less decreases teh chances of injury. I think we'll see him run out of the pocket alot less this year.

Comment

If McNabb goes down or is unable to start the season, Feeley would be the starter right now. Kolb is nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. He needs 2 years of development on the sidelines to get the WCO down, then he'll need another year as a starter to begin to grasp the nuances. He is a project. McNabb is more than capable of leading this team to success for the next 2 years while Kolb prepares himself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      He just looks real stiff out there, doesn't he?

He's so stiff, it just looks like he can snap something at any moment. His moves are robotic, he's not that flexible anymore, and he looks like he doesn't carry his weight as well as he used to. I think regardless of how many times he throws, durability will be a concern.

Of course, throwing less decreases teh chances of injury. I think we'll see him run out of the pocket alot less this year.
                      McNabb looked very stiff in 2005, when he bulked up to 255 lbs. In 2006, he was down to 230 and looked very trim and fit. He regained some of his mobility, and he looked much more athletic. I assume McNabb will come back for 2007 in the 220-225 range with a thicker leg base. You are correct that he isn't carrying his weight as well. That could be a function of age affecting his metabolism, and his body thickening up with time.

McNabb has stayed in the pocket more and more the last few years. With the injuries and surgeries, he has become a pure pocket passer pretty much out of necessity because he doesn't have the burst he used to. He can still move, but he isn't an explosive runner anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                        He'd be a perfect fit in Green Bay when Favre retires. I'll take a top 5 QB.
                        Theres this guy named Aaron Rodgers

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          It depends on how he does this year, in my opinion. To say anything right now smacks of overreaction.
                          Agreed.

If McNabb simply stays healthy this year I really doubt he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            Theres this guy named Aaron Rodgers
                            Who still hasn't played a meaningful down. I'll take the elite quarterback over the unproven quarterback, if he was so good, the front office wouldn't be as eager for Favre to return.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

He would be fun down here in south florida. McNabb to Ginn and Chambers? Ronnie out of the backfield and the booker kid was compared often to westbrook in college

Comment

If he gets hurt again...then he will be gone.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information