X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats laughable

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I'm an Eagles fan, and I'm telling you that Palmer is a better QB right now than Donovan McNabb. No homerism at all. By your logic, Kurt Warner is a better QB than McNabb, Palmer, and everyone else in the league other than Tom Brady and Favre because he won a Super Bowl and appeared in a second Super Bowl the next year. McNabb's huge run in the playoffs occurred from 2000-2004. That run ended 3 seasons ago. Since that time, he has played in 19 total regular season games and 0 playoff games. He hasn't stayed healthy recently, so he shouldn't be considered a top 3 QB. You can make a top 5 argument, but even that is suspect.
      Go look at my previous posts. I do believe the rings and wins arguement is overrated but to get a conference championship game four years in a row is extremely impressive. McNabb when he's healthy is one of the top three in the game. You want to argue that?

How did I not make a good point? A small sampling of Football Greats:

Mike Singletary, Baylor
      Walter Payton, Jackson St.
      Jack Lambert, Kent St.
      Art Shell, Maryland Eastern Shore
      Deacon Jones, Mississippi Vocational
      Joe Greene, North Texas St.
      Steve Largent, Tulsa
      OJ Simpson, City College of San Francisco
      Warren Moon, West Los Angeles Junior College
      When I did I bash all small school players? I'm talking about Houston quarterbacks.

"Every single Houston QB has been an absolute failure in the NFL..." Completely irrelevant point. There have been 3 QB's from Houston taken in the draft in the last 17 years: David Klingler, Andre Ware, and Chuck Clements. Clements never made a roster, and Klingler and Ware busted. Concerning? Sure. I am worried that the team made a big mistake by taking Kolb that early and deciding to call him a project for the future. Is this empirical evidence that Kevin Kolb will suck? Absolutely not. There is no relation between Kolb and these 3 other QB's. They are not the same person, they are not in the same situation, and they do not have the same skills, coaches, offensive system, teammates, etc. Also, 3 QB's in 17 years is not indicative of any sort of trend or rule.
      Did I say Kolb would suck without a doubt? No, I didn't. It makes me raise an eyebrow that any team would consider starting a quarterback from a school that gave us David Klingler and Andre Ware. Let alone drafting one with your first pick in the draft.

In other words, don't mess with the big dogs. Bow your head in shame.
      What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        But youre killing Reid for one player, when overall, he's built an amazing team. He drafted that Philly defense youre referring to.

I don't question his drafting because his drafting style has gotten him a consistent winner year in and year out. Not many teams can say the same thing.
        I'm not killing him for one player but that's a pretty big screw up draft wise. I do agree that he's one of the best drafting coaches in the league though.

Comment

Um... LJ Smith, Reggie Brown, Correll Buckhalter, AJ Feeley. He's filled in the rest with carryovers (Chad Lewis, Deuce Staley) and FA signings/trades (John Ritchie, TO, Kevin Curtis, Stallworth, James Thrash).

Lots of what the Eagles do is about system, and many of their skill players do not have traditional big play skills. However, between the excellent OLine, the play of McNabb, and spectacular coaching, the Eagles have been consistently good for most of the last 8 seasons. They have 6 of the last 7 division titles.
          those guys are all pretty mediocre for the most part.

And the Eagles havent been good enough. when it comes down to the big situation, they fail to come through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey80 View Post

And the Eagles havent been good enough. when it comes down to the big situation, they fail to come through.
            A Giants fan bashing the Eagles without any logic? I didn't see that coming.

Comment

So if you don't win the Superbowl your organization is a failure? Is this the logic you're using?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If McNabb were to be cut and Tavaris Jackson doesn't progress as planned I think Minnesota would be the ideal fit for him. He knows Childress and his system and I'm sure Childress would be extact to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                  Go look at my previous posts. I do believe the rings and wins arguement is overrated but to get a conference championship game four years in a row is extremely impressive. McNabb when he's healthy is one of the top three in the game. You want to argue that?
                  Okay, you want rings and wins? Since the 2004/2005 season, McNabb has played in 19 games. In those games, the Eagles are 9-10. In those seasons, McNabb has 0 playoff appearances. When fully healthy, McNabb is on par with my top 3, but his lack of health the last 2 consecutive seasons discounts his potential effectiveness in my mind. In addition, we do not know what kind of physical shape he will be in when he returns from the ACL injury in 2007. He could have lost a lot of mobility and strength. I will argue that McNabb should not be in the top 3 because he has missed 13 games the last 2 seasons and has had 2 major season-ending surgeries during that time.

When I did I bash all small school players? I'm talking about Houston quarterbacks.
                  Houston is a small school and a non-major program. They have a very abbreviated history with NFL QB's. The fact that 2 QB's were first round busts 15 and 17 years ago, respectively, means nothing in the scheme of things. 2 busts a long time ago from the same school means that those 2 QB's were busts, and it sucks. 2 QB busts is not a sample size that indicates any trend at all. Your point is taken, but it is neither strong nor highly relevant.

Did I say Kolb would suck without a doubt? No, I didn't. It makes me raise an eyebrow that any team would consider starting a quarterback from a school that gave us David Klingler and Andre Ware. Let alone drafting one with your first pick in the draft.
                  Your original quote was "Every single QB from Houston has been an absolute failure. What makes you think for a second that Kolb won't suck?" You are revising what you said initially. Either you overstated your initial point, or you're restating your opinion in a way that leaves you an exit if Kolb were to succeed. No matter what you happen to do here, you overgeneralized and made yourself look silly.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?
                  You made a series of irrelevant, irrational, ill-informed, and/or ignorant statements, and I called you out on all of them. Don't argue football with a real fan unless you really know the game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Eagles 2000 to 2006/2007: 75-21 Regular Season Record, 5 division titles, 5 playoff appearances, 8-6 playoff record, 4 NFC Championship appearances, 1 NFC title/Super Bowl appearance. 0 Super Bowl wins.

Giants 2000 to 2006/2007: 58-38, 2 division titles, 4 playoff appearances, 2-4 playoff record, 1 NFL title/Super Bowl appearance. 0 Super Bowl wins.

The difference: 17 regular season W's, 1 playoff appearance, 3 division titles, 6 playoff W's. Say what you want about mediocre players. The Eagles have the results that matter as of late.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Wait, no more BS points that I get to blow up? You guys are done already? I thought you at least had some sort of weak comeback...

Comment

Wait, no more BS points that I get to blow up? You guys are done already? I thought you at least had some sort of weak comeback...
                        Eli Manning is the big11111!!!!!

Comment

That's more like it... haha

Comment

ontill Kolb can prove anything, McNabb a eagle...

Comment

I don't even know what to say about that post, PACK... I'm pretty speechless.

Comment

I don't even know what to say about that post, PACK... I'm pretty speechless.
                                Kolb has done nothing, they are not going to cut a pro bowl QB for a QB that has done nothing in the nfl. Thats just dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information