Cover 2, 4-3, and 3-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    You're not going to be watching Grey's as well? For shame.
    I really have a lot to learn when it comes to defense after looking this stuff over.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
      I really have a lot to learn when it comes to defense after looking this stuff over.
      You don't need to learn every aspect of each defense. If you have a generally idea of each one you'll be fine unless you plan on going really in depth with scouting, NFL analysis, etc.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Originally posted by High Roller View Post
        You don't need to learn every aspect of each defense. If you have a generally idea of each one you'll be fine unless you plan on going really in depth with scouting, NFL analysis, etc.
        I'd like to make a playbook, but I've only learned what goes into creating plays on offense.

In case anybody would like to offer some help or is simply curious, I like the Tampa 2 after seeing the Bears use it under Lovie Smith the past 3 years.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

jsut read through that, BBD impresses me bigtime. knows his stuff

Comment

Here are some ideal players for the 3-4, general 4-3, and 4-3 Tampa 2 front 7s.

3-4
            DE: Richard Seymour
            NT: Jamal Williams
            DE: Igor Olshansky

ROLB: Shawne Merriman
            RILB: Mike Vrabel
            LILB: Bart Scott
            LOLB: DeMarcus Ware

4-3
            RE: Aaron Kampman
            UT: Tommie Harris
            NT: John Henderson
            LE: Julius Peppers

WLB: A.J. Hawk
            MLB: Brian Urlacher
            SLB: Keith Bullock

Cover 2
            LDE: Dwight Freeney
            DT: Tommie Harris
            DT: Booger McFarland
            RDE: Aaron Schobel

WLB: Lance Briggs
            MLB: Brian Urlacher
            SLB: Keith Bullock

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              let's not turn this into yet another lame "what players would you use" thread. we've got 3 months of absolute nothingness to do that.
              Funny you should say that. I was just about to tear that list of "ideal" players to shreds.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                let's not turn this into yet another lame "what players would you use" thread. we've got 3 months of absolute nothingness to do that.

BBD - i'm suprised you don't just keep a small database with every essay you've written about defense. you could probably sell some of them to some of the football news sites.
                We need a bigblueoffense to compliment him.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  We need a bigblueoffense to compliment him.
                  I should change my name to bigredoffense. That would be swell.

Comment

Excuse my dumbness...but what do you guys mean by 2 Gap and so on? I'm not too informed about the lingo of the D-Line.

Another question, what variation of the 3-4 does the Niners run under Nolan?

Comment

Originally posted by yangjay View Post
                      Excuse my dumbness...but what do you guys mean by 2 Gap and so on? I'm not too informed about the lingo of the D-Line.

Another question, what variation of the 3-4 does the Niners run under Nolan?
                      The terms 1-gap, 2-gap, are in relation to the individual gap responsibilities. "Gaps" are the spaces in between the O-Lineman.

Code:
                       D [TE] C [OT] B [OG] A [OC] A [OG] B [OT] C [TE] D
                      There is also a numerical system, as well.

That's why so much importance is put on having that 'eighth' man in the box. Which is why dangerous passing teams open up holes in the running game. If you have an eight man defensive front, using a 1-gap scheme, you can have a man in every gap to stop the run. When you see a RB break a big run, it's almost always because someone messed up his assignment and wasn't in his gap.

In a 2-gap system, your D-Lineman have to control two gaps. Which is why the scheme is predicated on dominant players. Teams that play the 3-4, without the D-Line to support it, are lousy. Look at New England (Wilfork, Seymour, Warren), Pittsburgh (Hampton, Smith, Keisel), San Diego (Williams, Olshansky, Castillo) as an example of how great 3-4 teams are based on the D-Line.
                      Last edited by Shiver; 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Just know this, the Tampa 2 owns all.

:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Just know this, the Tampa 2 owns all.

:D
                          Any scheme when it has great players, coaching, execution "owns."

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                            4-6.

It's just impossible to get the personell in today's NFL.
                            the ravens?
                            sure it wasn't their base.
                            but it was clearly an integral part of their defensive schema.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information