-I don't like their offseason moves. I think their FA signings are overrated. They overpaid for a bunch of average talent. They still haven't addressed NT yet they plan on switching to the 3-4 fulltime.
-Losing Norv turner will hurt this team. Even if they replace his Xs and Os, they can't replace his mentoring
-I personally feel they still haven't addressed their WR position adequately
-Theyre simply not there yet. They need another year of development. While everyone praises Alex Smith, they forget that he really didn't have THAT great of a year. I mean come on, he did ok, but not great. Frank Gore, who is their offense, is too fumble prone and is one hit away from calling his career a wrap, and I just feel that theyre not strong enough on the lines to win at the point of attack.
- I think they make the leap this year. Theyve had solid offseasons, and their defense is on its way to being pretty darned good. I just think that if anyone is gonna overtake the Bears, its gonna be GB. Just a hunch sort of thing. Detroit lacks character. And Minny hates its coach. Theres gonna be a huge revolt in that lockerroom, Coughlin style.
- TO in year 2
- TO with a spineless HC who's arrogant
- Weak dline
- Aging WRs
- Too much negative media attention without a strong coach to handle it
- JJ will meddle in affairs much more now without BP in the way
- Parity....too healthy last year. They won't have the same luck 2 years in a row.
Again, its all very preliminary, and I didn't put too much thought into it. I sort of just did it on the fly.