No announcement yet.

Williams hopes to make most of new start with Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm puzzled as to why this guy has two threads created about him in as many weeks.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I've got the biggest feeling that Mike Williams might've slept with someone's daughter and really upset coaches.

There's a reason why journalists write stories that are mostly positive for an organisation and with the party line, they want to keep their access.

Lets face it Mike Williams though he was lazy and overweight has a lot of skills with his hands, leaping and route running. If he can get motivated, then the Raiders are going to have a GREAT possession receiver.

Comment

I think he can still be something in the league. I don't see him becoming spectacular, but I think he could still be solid. He never had a fair chance in Detroit. He couldn't/wouldn't drop his weight to the coaches demands and was late to a few team meatings. The Lions coaches responded by benching him and fining him a lot of money. If Williams can turn his work ethic around, I don't think he's a totally lost cause.

Comment

one of my favorite college receivers ever. i agree, millen was a douche for drafting a third big 1st round receiver as if they had peyton manning or something throwing the ball. i think him and russell will definitely coexist, because he provides a big target. really like what the raiders are doing this offseason, including the trade of moss.

Comment

Oakland did a great great job giving up only a 4th rounder for Williams and McCown, maybe Ill go back to going to Raider games and they might actually win.

Comment

Lions made a mistake here IMO.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

i think williams will be huge in oakland. now that moss is gone there is some room for him to get high on the depth chart. If jamarcus russel or whoever starts for them can get him the ball he'll be a very productive reciever. But also remember he plays in a division with 3 of the best corners in the business.

Comment

Lions made a mistake here IMO.
                  They did and they didnt. I think it had become clear that the coaching staff didnt want him. He clearly showed he could produce at the end of last year but they really just shut him out from the start. It just wasnt working there. This will however be one of those trades that in 5 years I think people are going to say "what were they thinking". Raiders made a good move, Lions forced themselves into this move which is the bad move they made. The trade itself was inevitable and really not a bad move at all. Lets be honest they got more for BMW than the Raiders got for Moss. If someone said to you they would trade BMW for Moss, everyone would laugh.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

But also remember he plays in a division with 3 of the best corners in the business.
                    He already had that last year. He wont be facing that guy unless he does even better than anyone thinks he will. If he is better than Porter and Curry, then the trade is a flat out win. I hope he does well to be honest, I like the guy.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Nice move for both Williams and Oakland. Giving Williams an opportunity to play right away and you have to believe that he is going to be in better shape and spirits being in Oakland, closer to home and with his former offensive coordinator. I wouldn't look for anything outraeous this year, but in a year or so, Oakland might have themselves a player.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Lets be honest they got more for BMW than the Raiders got for Moss. If someone said to you they would trade BMW for Moss, everyone would laugh.
                        Half a 4th rounder > Whole 4th rounder?

Comment

I really like this pickup for the Raiders. Williams is still young only 23 years old and he wants to be a Raider.

Comment

If the Lions had a capable staff they would've realized before they drafted him that he wasn't a fit for their team. Their scouting department is one of the worst in the leagues. The fact that they were trying to shop Calvin Johnson around the league before and after they drafted him, shows even more how dumb they are.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              If the Lions had a capable staff they would've realized before they drafted him that he wasn't a fit for their team.
                              Williams fit Mariucci's WCO fine.

Comment

Williams never wanted to be here. He didn't understand why they drafted him, then Mariucci put him in the doghouse after a very brief rookie holdout, he never made the effort to fight through it like they wanted him to, his weight got too high, and the coaches had a right to ask him to drop it when he proved to have a hard time getting off the line because he lacked quickness. Then Martz came in and he didn't fit with that, never wanted to work with Martz at all and basically said so, and then just accepted his fate and acted happy to waste away on the bench. Later, injuries forced him into the lineup and he played pretty crappy before finally making a contribution to a win with that catch against Dallas.

^^^ all that is on him alone. Not Millen, not Mariucci, not Martz.

I realize that he will probably have success in Oakland. He may even become a very solid starter, though I don't think he'll ever be a star. He will probably always have some trouble getting open and he's really not that fast, though he probably will look faster in Oakland simply because he's trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information