Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams hopes to make most of new start with Raiders

Williams hopes to make most of new start with Raiders

"For some reason, I was labeled fat, lazy, or this, a pot smoker, or whatever else was said," Williams said after being traded to the Oakland Raiders. "And that was the farthest thing from it."

Click link for the whole article.

When I got to watch him play against the Browns he looked very good, I was surprised with his fall out, he never looked fast but he sure got open and had good hands.

Comment

seems to state the obvious. i highly doubt he'd just give up....lets just see what he can do with the new start

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I think this move could end up as a major plus for Oakland. Williams looked good in limited time in Detroit, has a good relationship with Kiffin, and has a week 1 contest against Detroit to act as a motivating factor.

I don't know how much his work ethic is an issue, but I do know that we at least got what could be an absolutely amazing red-zone target. If Williams can be a solid #3, the Oakland receiving corps is probably one the most physical in the NFL, which should work out spectacularly in Kiffin's offense.

Comment

I still expect Mike Williams to have a good career. When he got on the field last year he looked very solid.

Comment

I really hope he turns it around in Oakland. When he was at SC he was so fun to watch, if he could return to that form I would be happy for him. He went through a pretty awful past few years.

Comment

Really? I would have thought that he wanted to come in and pick up right where he left off. That's weird.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think he will be a productive, but nothing special, player for Oakland.

Comment

He will not be an all star for Oakland unless he changes his attitude and work ethic immediately. Maybe him being reunited with Kiffin will help, but im a little pessimistic. I used to be his number 1 fan, but he just gave up in Detroit, and didnt take advantage of what little opportunities the coaching staff gave him...

Comment

Hopefully hes motivated by Kiffin and will contribute.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I think he's going to make a lot of people eat their words about him. I still think he has Probowl potential.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Im really excited about what he will be able to do for us and I feel like hes coming into a perfect situation. The situation in Detroit was awful for him. Of course its partly his fault, but Martz didnt want him in his offense and they were trying to make him get his weight down to 220 when he played at 240 in college and just things of that nature. I expect Kiffin to use him as a possesion receiver and move the chains with him and he can be very effective at that and if he excells at that we can expand his role. I really like the array of receivers we have now. A great possesion guy in Williams with great size and hands, than a balanced receiver who can really do it all in Jerry Porter. A solid route runner with good hands, smart and RAC ability in Curry and then Higgins, a speed demon with underated hands and route running ability.

Comment

When he's on, Williams is more than a possession receiver. He's very good at getting a step on the guy covering him even if he's not as fast. That's all he needs, since he positions himself very well, and has very long arms.
                          I still love Mike Williams. If he works and keeps his weight down, he can be a real impact player for the Raiders. The fact that Lane Kiffin is there doesn't hurt either. And one thing that people forget is that he's still only 23, and won't be 24 until next January. He's young enough to recover from what happened in Detroit. I'm really rooting for the guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            When he's on, Williams is more than a possession receiver. He's very good at getting a step on the guy covering him even if he's not as fast. That's all he needs, since he positions himself very well, and has very long arms.
                            I still love Mike Williams. If he works and keeps his weight down, he can be a real impact player for the Raiders. The fact that Lane Kiffin is there doesn't hurt either. And one thing that people forget is that he's still only 23, and won't be 24 until next January. He's young enough to recover from what happened in Detroit. I'm really rooting for the guy.
                            Damn, I thought he's like 25. He is still 23? That is pretty damn young and hopefully he can turn around his career at Oakland.

Will he be the comeback player of the year this year?

Comment

He did toast Terrence Newman last year, on a smash route, for a TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information