No announcement yet.

WideOuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of that group, I'll go with Meachem, Gonzalez, Bowe, Davis, Ginn, in that order. Robert Meachem walks into by far the best situation, becoming the #2 WR on what was already one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, with a top 5 NFL QB throwing him the ball. He should get about 1000 yards and 6-8 TDs. While Meachem's is the best situation, Anthony Gonzalez walks into a pretty good situation as well. He'll be the #3 WR on a team featuring two pro bowlers at the spot, and with Dallas Clark on the field as well, he might not even have a guy covering him half of the time, and he'll be catching the ball from the best QB the NFL has to offer. I could see him getting something in the range of 750 yards and 6-8 TDs. Coming in a close third to Gonzalez is Dwayne Bowe, simply because there is so much uncertainty surroundingthe Kansas City offense at the moment. He has a ton of talent, and were he in a better situation, he'd easily get at least the #2 spot on this list. I'm guessing something in the 750 yard and 6-8 TD range for Bowe as well. I think Craig Davis and Ted Ginn Jr. will disappoint their respective teams. I'll predict about 500 yards and 0-5 TDs from each.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.
        The Colts used a lot of 2 TE sets with Clark/Fletcher in the slot (and Utecht/Clark at TE), mainly because of injuries, but nonetheless, it was a very effective set, and one, along with some other 2 TE looks, that the Colts will likely use from time to time this year. Meachem will see more PT, and doesn't quite have the established lot of players around him as Gonzalez. I might be a bit biased on the issue though, as I thought Robert Meachem was the best WR not named Calvin Johnson in this draft class.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
          Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.
          Do I detect a hint of homerism?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            keyshawn's gonna be the number 2...

Comment

ted ginn, because i am tired of almost everybody hating on him lately. H e is a dynamic, explosive home run threat that will be a star. And to the guy that said meachem will have 1000 yards and 10 TDs, you obviously are a bigger homer than GRF. Hes a rookie, and he isnt talented enough to have a randy moss type rookie season.

Originally posted by mythbusta
              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
              who dey?

Comment

I'll go in this order

1. Robert Meachem
                2. Anthony Gonzalez
                3. Craig Davis
                4. Dwayne Bowe
                5. Ted Ginn Jr.

The quarterback that will be throwing to them was a major part of why I went in that order.

Comment

Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.
                  I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                    Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.
                    Well, that would be a good answer, if the question didn't explicitly exclude Calvin Johnson from the discussion.

Comment

Hahahaha, I just skimmed through the thread, my bad.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I'm going to say that Anthony Gonzalez will have the best season. With Manning throwing him the ball, he will excel and make plays. There's no way for any team to cover Clark, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, and Gonzalez. I think he is the best bet for a great year.

I love Dwayne Bowe as a Chief, but with Green's situation in flux and only Croyle and Huard behind him, I'm not terribly enamored.

I'm a pretty big fan of Meachum having a big year. He doesn't have to be the primary focus in New Orleans, which is good for him. He can just do his thing. I love Payton's offensive mindset, and Drew Brees is excellent.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

i'm also going with meachem. colston's going to get a lot of attention, as is bush. i believed they also signed eric johnson, so that should get some attention from defenses in the middle. with brees at qb, he could have a monster year.
                          Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

Gonzalez will be the 3rd option for Manning and it'll be tough for a defense to cover him with Harrison and Wayne.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If I cant choose CJ, Meachem.

Comment

I'll put in a vote for Craig Davis.

He's got one of the better offensive minds in the game in Norv Turner helming his development, and he's joining an experienced offense where LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates will draw all of the attention but Davis will have a great shot to contribute thanks to need/talent. His speed coupled with the play action pass, thanks to Tomlinson, could result in big plays by Davis. Heck, you can't even rule out Tomlinson throwing TD passes to Davis.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information