Franchise QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
    Well I think the term used for Brady and Manning and McNabb would be Superstars not franchise.. those 3 can put their Teams on their backs and carry them to the Super Bowl... To me a FRANCHISE QB is someone that has the potential to be a Pro Bowler and can put up the results that gives you confidence that you wont need to draft a QB for 8-10 years.
    Well Manning Brady and McNabb do/did that. They put up the results to win...theyre pro bowlers...and you dont have to draft another QB until they hit decline or retire. Unless youre talking about a young QB that is considered a "Franchise" QB and when he reaches that turns into a superstar

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
    Originally posted by TitanHope
    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
      Stanton will be the best QB from the 2007 draft.

Take off the homer glasses and lay down the crack pipe please.

And I think many posters don't seem to know the difference between a starting QB and a franchise QB.
      Last edited by eacantdraft; 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Trent Edwards will take the Bills job from Losman by the start of next season.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
          Take off the homer glasses and lay down the crack pipe please.

And I think many posters don't seem to know the difference between a starting QB and a franchise QB.
          You've said a lot of crazy things, but I wouldn't question Mike Martz' resume at developing Quarterbacks. He hasn't had any that have Stanton's pure talent level. I actually don't think what he said was so crazy.

Originally posted by Scar View Post
          Trent Edwards will take the Bills job from Losman by the start of next season.
          Losman played very well last year. I don't understand why no one recognizes that fact. Maybe it's because no one sees Bills games all the way there in 'almost' Canada.
          Last edited by Shiver; 05-08-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I'm a Lions fan and I don't think that Drew Stanton will be better than JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
              I'm a Lions fan and I don't think that Drew Stanton will be better than JaMarcus Russell.
              But you never liked Stanton anyway.

Comment

this thread is pure ridiculousness.

i don't even know where to start. probably by saying that the notion of 'franchise QB's' is capped by brett favre and his lifetime contract to the packers. i'm pretty sure he wins. that's a franchise QB. on the other end. marc bulger is still franchise QB nomenclature worthy, seeing as the rams probably won't look to upgrade from bulger for at least a few more years, and that's basically what i think the tag boils down to. not 'hey, this kid is the future, he's gonna be our franchise QB.' but, hey this guy is a solid starter who we want playing for the next five years. in that catagory, manning2, grossman, ben, delhomme, VY, cutler, leniart, et al. don't necessarly have i'm positive (barring injury) that you'll be starting in five years. but, you can say that about manning, brady, hasselbeck, brees, and palmer. right now. their consistancy over the past few years has shown with good care, these guys are worthy of the name.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
                  Teams with a Franchise QB:

New England
                  Cincy
                  Pittsburgh - Big Ben was horrible last year, although that was to be expected with the accident and all, but he's not 'franchise' quite yet
                  Indianapolis
                  Tenessee VY is what we call a 'potential franchise QB'
                  Denver
                  San Diego
                  Dallas - Tony Romo... yeah... I'd say 'possible franchise QB
                  Philly
                  New York Giants - sure, Eli 'Clutch' Manning, that's a franchise QB for ya!
                  Green bay
                  Atlanta
                  New Orleans
                  San Francisco - Alex Smith? you should have put this one under 'potential'
                  Seattle
                  St. Louis
                  Arizona - same old story potential franchise QB
                  Baltimore

Teams with a possible franchise qb

Buffalo
                  New York Jets
                  Cleveland
                  Oakland
                  Houston
                  Chicago
                  There's just a few things wrong with your list. Plus you didn't mention 7 (or eight, I'm too lazy to count again) teams.
                  Last edited by Addict; 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    There's just a few things wrong with your list. Plus you didn't mention 7 (or eight, I'm too lazy to count again) teams.
                    that's the point. they don't have franchise quarterbacks. just merely servicable players filling a position: read: jon kitna
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      that's the point. they don't have franchise quarterbacks. just merely servicable players filling a position: read: jon kitna
                      Well you could argue that they should be on the list with Possibles...

Detroit -> Stanton
                      Miami -> Beck
                      Vikes -> Jackson

Washington's nowhere to be found even though they've got Campbell under center...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information