Raiders Might Hire Mike Mayock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
    If you are a talent evaluator your dream is to work for an NFL organization, period. Also, I'm really not sure he makes more money than any GM out there. And about Mel's job security, it looks to me like they are involving this Mcshay guy more to phase out Mel.
    Yea, rumor has it that this was Kiper's last draft for ESPN. ESPN almost let him walk at their last contract negotiations with him, and (I'm not positive) but I think his contract is up this year again. It seems that they're grooming McShay to take over as their draft guru, which would leave Kiper free to go to NFLN if he so chooses, especially if Mayock leaves for the Raiders.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Is Mike Mayock really that good?

Comment

Mayock knows his stuff. I think he does a great job come draft time on his evaluations.

Comment

This would be a great Hire for the Raiders.

Comment

This indeed would be a great hire.

Mayock definitely knows his stuff and would do very well.

I'd hate it though, because I like him on NFLN.

Comment

Al open the check book.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                Yea, rumor has it that this was Kiper's last draft for ESPN. ESPN almost let him walk at their last contract negotiations with him, and (I'm not positive) but I think his contract is up this year again. It seems that they're grooming McShay to take over as their draft guru, which would leave Kiper free to go to NFLN if he so chooses, especially if Mayock leaves for the Raiders.
                Oh god. Mcshay has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                  Yep, It's embarassing he gets so much air time.

Comment

I love watching NFL Live when they have the split screen with Kiper and McShay. You known Mel just wants to rip him a new one.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                      Yea, it would pretty much make NFLN the only way to go for draft coverage.
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Well, to be fair, Mayock is a football guy. He was a college player, he was drafted into the NFL, etc.

Kiper was a teenager who mailed a bunch of draft rankings to all the teams and get a name that way. Also, he has been allegedly offered jobs, he just turned them down.
                        Interesting. Wikipedia says that he's never played high school football...of course, that is followed by "citation needed."

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

If Matt Millen can get a job as he did, then so can Mayock imo.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            Interesting. Wikipedia says that he's never played high school football...of course, that is followed by "citation needed."
                            Who...Kiper? I don't think he ever played any organized football. Mayock was draft by the Steelers in 1981 in the 10th round or something like that.

Comment

It's good that he actually has some expierence.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information